Chubs Nug Farm - 2nd Grow

• Thread starter ChubMcGrub
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ChubMcGrub

ChubMcGrub

Hey guys,

Chubs here. New to the forum. This is my second grow! First grow was a success, thanks to all of you guys. I've learned a lot thus far and want to continue to grow as a grower that grows home grown ganja. Thanks for all the help thus far!

Here is a list is what I'm working with.

A closet, white walls.
3.5 x 3.5 x 9 FT.

Light:
-625 (true Watt) Sunplus LED w Cree Cobs
-Titan controls High temp shut off controller

Air and Odor Control:
-Phat 400 CFM carbon filter (almost at ceiling) with 400 CFM active air (Exhaust runs into other room)
-TerraFarmer 200 CFM carbon filter with 4" Goplus 200 CFM inline fan (use to clear smell inside room during flower)
-Tower fan in corner
-Quilo Humidifier
-Active air speed adjuster for the carbon scrubber (control power/speed)
-Exhale XL CO2 bag
-2 Earth Air odor removing bags

Soil n Nutes:

Veg:
-Rapid rooter starter cubes
-Fox Farm Ocean Forrest
-3 gallon smart pots
-Rapid start rooting formula
-General Hydroponics (FloraGrow)
-CalMag
-Pro-Teck silicon
-Neptune Seaweed plant food

Flower:
-General Hydroponics (Flora Bloom)
-HiBrix Molasis
-Emerald Triangle Crystal Burst

Flush:
-Floracleen

Water: LA's Finest Tap water
PH up and Down used to balance

Also have various support cables for the light (just in case) and a Chemical Fire extinguisher with heat sensor (its LED I know, but cant take chances , I'm never home)

So that's about sums it up I think. Here are a few pics from my first grow.

ChubMcGrub

ChubMcGrub

First grow was 4 plants, each a Different Strain.
1. Dinafem Critical CBD (AUTO)
2. Dinafem Dynamed CBD (12:1) PHOTO
3. Sin City Seeds Thunderstruck (8:1?) PHOTO
4. Sensi Seeds Norther Lights #1 (Knocks me out, no idea the strength) PHOTO

This is around 2 weeks flower for 2,3,and 4. The Auto is maybe 2 weeks out from finished.

2 weeks flower
ChubMcGrub

ChubMcGrub

So for the Auto Critical CBD, I just let it grow, no training. Got 25 grams. Meh ok, but I don't think I'll do another Auto.
For the other 3, I topped all of them twice. Once after the 5th set of leaves (2 weeks into veg) and again around 5 weeks veg. I cut the Thunderstruck wrong the first time (FIM'd) so that one had a few more colas. Not a bad problem to have I guess;)

Veg time was around 6-7 weeks and flower time took 9 weeks.

The overall yield was 372 grams (13.1 ounces). Not too bad, but with your help I can do better!

ChubMcGrub

ChubMcGrub

What I learned thus far. Take as many notes from you guys as possible, but at the same time don't overthink. I Burnt these girls from too many nutes early on . I could have got a bit more otherwise. Also, don't leave town and forget about your plants! I stressed the hell out of them around week 4 flower. This caused one of the plants to Hermie, and I have no idea which one. In any event, I ended up with seeds. Maybe 50 from 4 oz of Dinamed CDB, 20 from 4 oz of NL#1, and about a dozen from the Thunderstruck's 4.5 OZ.

I suspect the Dynamed is what Hermied. Had the most seeds and was right in front of the AC intake. (back left of pic). Around Mid veg,the room got in the low 80's some days. So I knocked a hole in the closet wall, put in a nice looking vent, and ran a portable AC unit from the other room through the wall. I real pain in the ass, but it worked. The exhaust in the ceiling also shoots into the same room w the AC (my clothes closet). The upside of this was that I didn't need dryer sheets, my clothes had a nice scent! ;) Here are some things I used to Monitor the temp, humidity, airflow, and view.

-Tend Secure camera on to monitor remotely
-SensorPush Tile wireless temp/humidity sensors (one at ground level and one hanging at canopy)
-Emergency shut off sensor. Light power goes thru it and shuts off if temp get above 110 F)
-Remote control of AC (WION)

When temps got above 85 or humidity about 60%, I would turn on the AC to bring it down a bit. Overkill, but I want to have control of Bud Farm when away!

ChubMcGrub

ChubMcGrub

So heres my current grow...
11 plants

2 Thunderstruck (sin city)
2 Blackberry OG CBD (Emerald Triangle)
2 Purple Orange CBD (Dinafem)
2 Crimea Blue (Barneys)
1 Barneys Blue Cheese (Barneys)
1 Blueberry Headband (Humboldt Seed Organization)
1 TSU (found in Marley Red CBD!)

ChubMcGrub

ChubMcGrub

TSU looking good, has a pine smell to it already. Glad that I was able to germinate this one. Found it in the first batch of Marley Red CBD. Hope its a girl, was a great CBD strain.

768BDD64 6BD0 46BE AB8D 403B3ACD232D
ChubMcGrub

ChubMcGrub

Check this one out. Barneys Blue Cheese. Too early to tell if its the coveted cheese pheno. Man I hope so. But it has an interesting hue to it. It blue-green. Hope thats not a nute defeciency.

5500C6AE ADB8 428D B926 363F371CB44C
ChubMcGrub

ChubMcGrub

Topped them at 6th set of leaves. Topped all strains except for the 2 Crimea, they germinated 5 days behind.

477D2C72 B001 4005 B859 B254A8C6B35C
ChubMcGrub

ChubMcGrub

They were really slow to Germ. Not sure if they were old or what, but almost gave up on em. Glad I didn’t , cause these leaves are Jurrasic. Had this strain 10 years back while visiting Amsterdam. Its a cross between Blueberry and Ukranian hash plant. Cant wait for this one.

8FC53FEE 24A3 424E ACD0 26FC81B58C72
Last edited:
Top Bottom