Clackamascoots Soil Mix From Rare Earth In Grass Valley

• Thread starter Bulldog11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
REALSTYLES

REALSTYLES

Say guys new to organic soil and I've made my first batch of soil of soil and it kicks ass and I also have 2 Worm Factory 360's but only using one for now until my 5000 worms breed for a couple months so I'll add a 3rd of the worms to to my 2nd 360

IMG 20160115 095704

SAM 1431

MIKEZILLA

MIKEZILLA

nice post i will finish listening to that in the morning
There are few others regardimg the subject matter as well...some follow ups to this one...also they air live wed & fri...via livestream...

A

Adamantiam

I
Has anybody else tried this soil mix from Rare Earth? 380$ a yard, but this is bar far the best soil I have ever seen. The tilth is perfect, and the soil test results are second to none. I am personally testing this mix myself, and sending them to Logan Labs. Once the tests come back to me, I will post them up for others to look at. Personally, I am stoked that a soil yard got their stuff together and is testing soil mixes. Instead of just throwing a little of this, some compost here, and bam 60$ a yard of crap!

This mix has hand sprinkled additives and a slow mixing of the ingredients. They only mix 10 yard batches to ensure the quality, and they take 30+ minutes turning the pile slow and easy. Then they keep the mix wet, so the bio life is very active.(at one point they talked of applying compost tea to keep alive, not sure if that is still happening)

I got a fresh batch made that day, but they claim usually it is ready to plant in because they keep it moist and let it "cook". I am letting the rain soak it all for the next couple days, then into their final post and a cover crop goes on next.

Anybody use Coots mix from Rare Earth?
Grabbed the wacky Alaskan mix frim them and it was very heavy... not much aeration. Need to grab a couple yards and was wondering how it went for you? Worth the ticket? I used bio365 last year and it worked well, but the wait is too long for this late in the season. They charge 250 a yard

Top Bottom