• Tagged users None
HFJud

HFJud

Hello,
Clawing tops please help
Clawing tops please help
Clawing tops please help 2
Clawing tops please help 3
I recently (2 weeks ago) transplanted all my girls from 1 gal Grower’s Soil (coco/peat/perlite mix) to 3 gal Plagron Coco + 30-40% perlite mix. Here are the stats/issues:

Stats:
1.) pH 6.0
2.) nutrients: Mills
3.) 350-450ppm
4.) watering Every-other-day
5.) using Tap Water
—- with exception of last watering as I watered again the very next day this week (Tues/Wed)

Issues:
1.) Previously had nitrogen toxicity which caused the top leaves to start clawing and deforming (3.5 weeks ago)
2.) The nitrogen toxicity caused some secondary deficiencies causing some random leaves to yellow and get blotchy. (3.5 weeks ago)
—— caused by Amino additives IMO that I added from NPK industries.
—— flushed for two waterings with pH’d water
3.) after transplanting from Coco/peat to Coco perlite the growth exploded
4.) In still having some clawing or slight droop

Question:
things are looking ok but I’m not sure if this is overwatering, nute issues or the

Leaves are clawing and I’m not sure what the issue is or if I have one at all and they’re just recovering. Should I still be watering EoD or daily? A little concerned as I’m transitioning my entire grow to Coco based.

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

Yeah hard to tell id keep doing what your doing and keep a close eye on them, how good of drainage have you got? should b difficult to over water them when they that big in coco, are you watering to run off? whats your run off ppm?

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

Im honestly just guessing so would wait for others to comment but i dont think they are overwatered especially if you have 30-40% perlite

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yes, you’re correct. However, I’m concerned with the clawing. I’m unsure if it is going to get worse or I’m fine.
Nutrients don't build up if you water often. The more you let em dry the worse it gets. You should not have a problem watering with 5-700 ppm 3+ times a day at this age. Do you have fans on those? they looking like they may appreciate some better airflow and definitely watering more often.

Not to mention big PH swings with only watering that often

Have stop thinking this is soil bro.... you can't use soil logic in soiless

HFJud

HFJud

Nutrients don't build up if you water often. The more you let em dry the worse it gets. You should not have a problem watering with 5-700 ppm 3+ times a day at this age. Do you have fans on those? they looking like they may appreciate some better airflow and definitely watering more often.

Not to mention big PH swings with only watering that often

Have stop thinking this is soil bro.... you can't use soil logic in soiless

Thank you for the response. Seriously. My concern was because I had them in growers soil (coco/peat/perlite etc) and if I treated like coco I would overwater. Other than the clawing they’re looking good and I have some roots at the bottom holes of the pots.

The coco stays moist and I’ve never let it dry.

I do have 8 fans in the room and CO2 going.

So you’d think I should water more often like I should be in coco?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thank you for the response. Seriously. My concern was because I had them in growers soil (coco/peat/perlite etc) and if I treated like coco I would overwater. Other than the clawing they’re looking good and I have some roots at the bottom holes of the pots.

The coco stays moist and I’ve never let it dry.

I do have 8 fans in the room and CO2 going.

So you’d think I should water more often like I should be in coco?
Ok i thought this was COCO... are they in soil or coco?

HFJud

HFJud

coco and or perlite is still soiless,you need to be watering tem plants about twice a day at the least,it isnt about to wet but more of exchange of air and nutes

Thank you. I have had an instance last grow where I had the claw but it looked to be from overwatering (this was in the peat/coco/perlite) as the leaves turned lime green. So I’m very cautious about this lol.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah you should be watering em like 3+ times a day by now. There is probably a nutrient build up which is likely why you are seeing clawing. Like 500-700ppm 3 times a day or more with good amount of run off. I would flush em like with about 3 gal of water each. Then a light feed of 500ppm right after and start watering 3 times a day starting at lights on.

HFJud

HFJud

Yeah you should be watering em like 3+ times a day by now. There is probably a nutrient build up which is likely why you are seeing clawing. Like 500-700ppm 3 times a day or more with good amount of run off. I would flush em like with about 3 gal of water each. Then a light feed of 500ppm right after and start watering 3 times a day starting at lights on.

Ok, I’ll try increasing the frequency and see what happens. This scares the crap out of me 😬

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok, I’ll try increasing the frequency and see what happens. This scares the crap out of me 😬
but do it 100% not half assed cause of nerves. Flush them out 3gal each but make sure to temp adjust and PH the water. Then temp adjust add nutes to 500ppm and last PH then feed about a gal each after flush. Then 3 times a day until you get 10-20% run off. It wont take near as much as your used to after as the coco will stay much wetter.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Thank you. I have had an instance last grow where I had the claw but it looked to be from overwatering (this was in the peat/coco/perlite) as the leaves turned lime green. So I’m very cautious about this lol.
ok that said,think about this,coco has to stay moist period,let it dry your in for a world of mess,so you think your over watering it because it all moist right,well it supose to be,when the plant is small you look at it needing exchange once a day,in solo cup maybe every other day,but when you break out in full veg and then flower,you have to exchange that air ,and the nutes it needs,by feeding to 20 to 30 % runoff your washing out the left over salts,now if it dries those salts dont wash out so much and so being wet it always has nutrients when it wants it,it is the air and nute exchange that makes the plant flourish and grow like a WEED same thing as in your yard,the more you mow the thicker them bitchs come back hahaah,
but moist is what you wont and at 3 weeks in flower i was exchanging air and nutes 4 times a day,alot of work,you cant slack with coco when it happy it put buds in the jar,make it unhappy and you got a hell of a ride just to harvest,i dont even think you can over water coco,might be able to over nute them ,but that were your ppm count for the stage of growth comes in,more problems are caused by boasters and bullshit,instead use the basic and you be surprised what the out come a be if you dig what im saying,it doesnt hurt a damn thing to feed fresh water once a day and most times recomended to wash some of the salt out,but i wouldnt go 2 feeds without calmag in one of them,so im thinking your convinced you have a N issue,ok so lay off the n for a feed come back with a half strength of N next feed after that,balance it out ,what is the ratio 1-2-3 as far a NPK goes and depends on stage of growth again drainage has a lot to do with it too so does air movement when your media is always moist air movement means a lot so ya hope you kinda understand what im saying,im by no means a coco geek im just explaining what worked for me in my endeavor,shit im lazy and just stick to soil unless im hurting for medicine and want fast meds if you dig ,coco is freaking work hahahah

HFJud

HFJud

but do it 100% not half assed cause of nerves. Flush them out 3gal each but make sure to temp adjust and PH the water. Then temp adjust add nutes to 500ppm and last PH then feed about a gal each after flush. Then 3 times a day until you get 10-20% run off. It wont take near as much as your used to after as the coco will stay much wetter.

Hey, thanks for the help.

I always water to about 20-30% runoff - I didn’t think I had any salt buildup but I’ll try a flush and nute.

Latest posts

Top Bottom