Clawing tops: please help

• Thread starter HFJud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bunkerking

bunkerking

"Here’s some updated leaf pics which leads me to believe under fert/watered "

Your plant only eats X amount of food. If you are not daily feeding it. The left overs build and build up. Along with changing the PH.
A steady water schedule fixes that. This is why they say 20-30% run off.

HFJud

HFJud

"Here’s some updated leaf pics which leads me to believe under fert/watered "

Bud - your plant only eats X amount of food. If you are not daily feeding it. The left overs build and build up. Along with changing the PH.
A steady water schedule fixes that. This is why they say 20-30% run off.

Yep. I always have 20% runoff. Today the ppms going in we’re the same coming out.

Going to see how this goes for a few days to a week.

HFJud

HFJud

Update: the issue was overwatering. I let the medium dry a bit for about 3 days and the new growth is coming in just fine. The peat of the 1 gal root ball was holding too much water for too long. I’ll post update pics soon.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Update: the issue was overwatering. I let the medium dry a bit for about 3 days and the new growth is coming in just fine. The peat of the 1 gal root ball was holding too much water for too long. I’ll post update pics soon.

Your going to have issues with this grow... Part of the media will be to wet and other to dry. No idea why the mixed media but I would not do it again.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

How frequent did you try watering? I have a feeling not often enough. See coco growers say the same thing and in the end they are not watering often enough. Your plants maybperkbup now but in time letting dry out you will have nutrient build up and other issues. Good luck.

bunkerking

bunkerking

eh idk about that.... its not over watering. the media is always wet. you didnt make it wetter.

bunkerking

bunkerking

pH Balanced and Inert, Growers HP allows the user to maintain precise control of their feed. High Porosity works great in flood and drain systems, automated drip systems, as well as hand watered gardens. Pair with your choice of organic or synthetic nutrients.

Your peat/coco mix isnt screwing you up. you not watering is. :/ Sorry to be blunt, but. Good luck. Go re-read this thread and stay on top of the watering.

ParExtracts

ParExtracts

Hello, View attachment 918115View attachment 918115View attachment 918116View attachment 918117I recently (2 weeks ago) transplanted all my girls from 1 gal Grower’s Soil (coco/peat/perlite mix) to 3 gal Plagron Coco + 30-40% perlite mix. Here are the stats/issues:

Stats:
1.) pH 6.0
2.) nutrients: Mills
3.) 350-450ppm
4.) watering Every-other-day
5.) using Tap Water
—- with exception of last watering as I watered again the very next day this week (Tues/Wed)

Issues:
1.) Previously had nitrogen toxicity which caused the top leaves to start clawing and deforming (3.5 weeks ago)
2.) The nitrogen toxicity caused some secondary deficiencies causing some random leaves to yellow and get blotchy. (3.5 weeks ago)
—— caused by Amino additives IMO that I added from NPK industries.
—— flushed for two waterings with pH’d water
3.) after transplanting from Coco/peat to Coco perlite the growth exploded
4.) In still having some clawing or slight droop

Question:
things are looking ok but I’m not sure if this is overwatering, nute issues or the

Leaves are clawing and I’m not sure what the issue is or if I have one at all and they’re just recovering. Should I still be watering EoD or daily? A little concerned as I’m transitioning my entire grow to Coco based.

I use the medium as well as nutrients and had the same issue after transplant. You’re just over watering them. Let them relax without a feed. My advice would be skip a feed or 2 and let them droop then feed. Do that twice. Mine took about 10 days to get back to normal. Also i purchased a probe for pH/moisture/light, works great.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I use the medium as well as nutrients and had the same issue after transplant. You’re just over watering them. Let them relax without a feed. My advice would be skip a feed or 2 and let them droop then feed. Do that twice. Mine took about 10 days to get back to normal. Also i purchased a probe for pH/moisture/light, works great.
Your doing this in coco? Why bother growing in coco just grow in soil if your going to treat it like soil.

bunkerking

bunkerking

This your company?

56470496 2414438328568902 3724977608310886453 n
HFJud

HFJud

Your going to have issues with this grow... Part of the media will be to wet and other to dry. No idea why the mixed media but I would not do it again.

‘Twas a mistake to put the gallon of peat/coco with coco/perlite I’ll admit. My thinking was that the Growers Soil was drying out in less than a day and placing mostly in coco/perlite would be fine and thus I could treat like coco.

How frequent did you try watering? I have a feeling not often enough. See coco growers say the same thing and in the end they are not watering often enough. Your plants maybperkbup now but in time letting dry out you will have nutrient build up and other issues. Good luck.

It not necessarily that they perked up but the growth coming in isn’t clawed like it was. I’m not letting the media “dry out” its just not heavy and wet before I watered again.

I watered 3x a day for 2 days and noticed everything kept getting perceivably worse.

eh idk about that.... its not over watering. the media is always wet. you didnt make it wetter.

It’s the 1 gal of growers soil that wasn’t drying out at all.

pH Balanced and Inert, Growers HP allows the user to maintain precise control of their feed. High Porosity works great in flood and drain systems, automated drip systems, as well as hand watered gardens. Pair with your choice of organic or synthetic nutrients.

Your peat/coco mix isnt screwing you up. you not watering is. :/ Sorry to be blunt, but. Good luck. Go re-read this thread and stay on top of the watering.

I’ve used Growers soil in 100% of my 2 previous harvests because I’ve had so much of it and it absolutely does not allow for frequent fertigation. It holds onto a lot of water as it has too much peat. Not a fan of it at all as was a primary reason I wanted to get away from any peat mixes.

HFJud

HFJud

I will allow the roots of the plants grow bigger and deeper and then increase my fertigations as I see they’ve fully recovered.

Ph 007

Ph 007

Hello, View attachment 918115View attachment 918115View attachment 918116View attachment 918117I recently (2 weeks ago) transplanted all my girls from 1 gal Grower’s Soil (coco/peat/perlite mix) to 3 gal Plagron Coco + 30-40% perlite mix. Here are the stats/issues:

Stats:
1.) pH 6.0
2.) nutrients: Mills
3.) 350-450ppm
4.) watering Every-other-day
5.) using Tap Water
—- with exception of last watering as I watered again the very next day this week (Tues/Wed)

Issues:
1.) Previously had nitrogen toxicity which caused the top leaves to start clawing and deforming (3.5 weeks ago)
2.) The nitrogen toxicity caused some secondary deficiencies causing some random leaves to yellow and get blotchy. (3.5 weeks ago)
—— caused by Amino additives IMO that I added from NPK industries.
—— flushed for two waterings with pH’d water
3.) after transplanting from Coco/peat to Coco perlite the growth exploded
4.) In still having some clawing or slight droop

Question:
things are looking ok but I’m not sure if this is overwatering, nute issues or the

Leaves are clawing and I’m not sure what the issue is or if I have one at all and they’re just recovering. Should I still be watering EoD or daily? A little concerned as I’m transitioning my entire grow to Coco based.
Iv not long gone not coco from soil,
I been trough all sorts

i pot up cuttings water once to run off and then wait few days before watering again, when pots it fully rooted I'd then water daily if the plant is a tidy size, if its still small I'll water every other day.

but when my plant is tour size I'll 100% water every day to east with no problems if I don't I get over feed and more problems eventually.

i agree with aqua man 5-700ppn be fine
I go by e.c and if was me I'd free 1.0e.c then after 2-3 feeds 1.2e.c then go slow from then on up to 1.4e.c but 1.2 should be fine till end if your not sure..

might be wrong here but over watering leaves droop
and under watering leaves and stems and plant drops

Water daily at 1.0e.c to run off to waste don't let it sit in run off .
i use to get scared over watering i still do with small plants I'm still learning with that. But when their that size I literally water the shit out of them once a day what I mean is I Chuck about 1.5/2 litres of feed through a day and it just run out to waste I could also Chuck 5/7 litres through it runs to waste I'd get non problems the coco don't get any wetter or hope any More water as it drains out instantly, its just a waste tho to use more lol, when I see run off I stop

HFJud

HFJud

The attached pictures show the deficiencies that have developed from last week to this week. Many of the plants no longer have clawed leaves and have come out of that state.

Deficiency looks like: Ca/Mg/Phosphorus

Yesterday was the 2nd watering where I had on the every-other-day, watering at 5:00pm. I also increased the ca:mg concentration.

My tap water comes out at 166ppms and I’m feeding at 650ppms now. It seems like I definitely need to increase my ppms to be roughly 960 so I can get a true 800ppm.

Thoughts?

If I don’t see progress by the end of the week I will do daily waterings 2-4x/day. I just needed to start at a testable variable and go from there.

15F551E1 0B3C 4ECF B8C7 608413214FC2
328464CC 91CF 403A A2A1 FF9AF4763228
39DEE947 72D3 4DCD 8691 5A6F89FA51CE

Ph 007

Ph 007

The attached pictures show the deficiencies that have developed from last week to this week. Many of the plants no longer have clawed leaves and have come out of that state.

Deficiency looks like: Ca/Mg/Phosphorus

Yesterday was the 2nd watering where I had on the every-other-day, watering at 5:00pm. I also increased the ca:mg concentration.

My tap water comes out at 166ppms and I’m feeding at 650ppms now. It seems like I definitely need to increase my ppms to be roughly 960 so I can get a true 800ppm.

Thoughts?

If I don’t see progress by the end of the week I will do daily waterings 2-4x/day. I just needed to start at a testable variable and go from there.

View attachment 921822View attachment 921823View attachment 921824
Shit looks bad over feed /lock out I guess I I might be wrong tho. And inbet from the cal mag

Your first pics is how mine use to look , I stopped cal mag it give me all sorts problems I use canna aswell

I use tap wetter I'm in the UK. And my tap water ppm is just 0.75 ppm
And I they grow much better not adding calmag for me, do u feed cal every feed?

If that was me I'd flush 0.4/0.6 e.c then next watering I'd give 0.8e.d. and then 1.0e.c, it should grow OK 1.0e.c

I might be wrong but that is what is would do if I had your problem. Also the cal stopping worked for me

Ph 007

Ph 007

Shit looks bad over feed /lock out I guess I I might be wrong tho. And inbet from the cal mag

Your first pics is how mine use to look , I stopped cal mag it give me all sorts problems I use canna aswell

I use tap wetter I'm in the UK. And my tap water ppm is just 0.75 ppm
And I they grow much better not adding calmag for me, do u feed cal every feed?

If that was me I'd flush 0.4/0.6 e.c then next watering I'd give 0.8e.d. and then 1.0e.c, it should grow OK 1.0e.c

I might be wrong but that is what is would do if I had your problem. Also the cal stopping worked for me

If your did though my posts u see the problems iv had lol and a lot yellwowing and all.sorts
I think I was getting lock out from cal as the cal used most of my ppm up so plants actually had not a lot of feed. And they didn't use the cal mag and got build up , since not using it got more feed as the ppm not being wasted and snake oil they call it I think lol that cal mag I mean snake oil
Also i think i had under free as the low feed ppm as the cal mag used it up so lock out and under free I had if that makes sece lol

Ph 007

Ph 007

Check this link out hand for sick plants

Ph 007

Ph 007

You want to doubt tour tap water ppm
So your tap is 166

So just add feed till it says 500ppm
Not add 500 to the 166 , that's then 666 that hight

I go to 700ppm about 3rd week flower
And start of flower 600 that including my 0.75ppm tap water.

I'd flush with 300ppm so just 150ppm if feed, the work up to 500ppm again that's including your tap wetter ppm
And 600 should be enough shouldn't need higher maybe when you get better at it experiment and go to 900ppm max

I don't follow the feed chart my my canna nutrients their feeding ppm / e.c are way to high in find,

Measure your run ppm see if its hell of a lot higher then that's going in

HFJud

HFJud

Update: I’ve stated course of watering Every other day (2-3x per day) and here’s the result:

AAF7B4E2 B64B 4452 B96B 9A149846BEEB
C57F0E4C 1FEE 49D3 8F4D 6E4623FD9B39
100925B6 84DE 4954 8AB8 5879008442C6

Nearly everyone has darkened up and normalized to a great color of green and is flourishing. A few plants are still a bit off but they’re on their way out of the woods. I’ve changed my ppm input to 800-900ppm as well (150-160ppm is tap water).

Top Bottom