Clawing tops: please help

• Thread starter HFJud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Update: I’ve stated course of watering Every other day (2-3x per day) and here’s the result:

View attachment 923992View attachment 923993View attachment 923994

Nearly everyone has darkened up and normalized to a great color of green and is flourishing. A few plants are still a bit off but they’re on their way out of the woods. I’ve changed my ppm input to 800-900ppm as well (150-160ppm is tap water).
Now just do that every day. They will appreciate it

HFJud

HFJud

Update:
214F7072 8EF9 4EFA 8E66 DCCE387C48D2

— no more clawing
—— I have been watering 3x a day on an Every-Other-day schedule and 1 watering in-between those days
——— so my watering schedule looks like (3x-1x-3x-1x watering)

Plants have been responsive and having insane growth spurts. Now, I am still seeing some issues crop up which I believe are pH fluctuations and now believing @Aqua Man to be correct - if, in fact, the pH swings are what is causing this:
8993634D 9375 4611 BE07 421914FC4E03

— I’m seeing the same reddish/brown striations on the leaves (not all plants) and I believe to be pH fluctuations. If that’s the case I need to be watering every day.

Other issue is some taco/canoe leaves
515A8A8D DF34 47B7 8C35 57D76EE2D636

— this looks like heat stress but they’re on the lower leaves. Temp: 83-84f, 50% humidity and CO2 at 1500ppm.

This looks like some nutrient burn but the color is yellowish, not your typical burn look and the growth is thick. Thoughts?
B155CF42 92F0 4F0E 9A64 EA2161B8A126

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Update:
View attachment 926374
— no more clawing
—— I have been watering 3x a day on an Every-Other-day schedule and 1 watering in-between those days

Plants have been responsive and having insane growth spurts. Now, I am still seeing some issues crop up which I believe are pH fluctuations and now believing @Aqua Man to be correct - if, in fact, the pH swings are what is causing this:
View attachment 926375
— I’m seeing the same reddish/brown striations on the leaves (not all plants) and I believe to be pH fluctuations. If that’s the case I need to be watering every day.

Other issue is some taco/canoe leaves View attachment 926373
— this looks like heat stress but they’re on the lower leaves. Temp: 83-84f, 50% humidity and CO2 at 1500ppm.

This looks like some nutrient burn but the color is yellowish, not your typical burn look and the growth is thick. Thoughts?
View attachment 926376
Possibly wind burn? Low humidity? Looks like possibly early K deficiency in the last pic?

I'm betting more watering will help the ph swings stability and sort out any deficiencies.

How much wind are those leaves getting?

HFJud

HFJud

Possibly wind burn? Low humidity? Looks like possibly early K deficiency in the last pic?

I'm betting more watering will help the ph swings stability and sort out any deficiencies.

How much wind are those leaves getting?

Not wind burn as I don’t have anything in direct wind. Lots of air movement but I was leaning towards low humidity or heat.... but both are in control so I’m thinking it’s ok - not experiencing any aggression of tacoing.

Now, the red-brown striations definitely point me towards pH fluctuations. So I’m going to increase the frequency of watering to 3x-2x-3x for a week and then try out 3x every day.

HFJud

HFJud

Hey guys, I’ve got an update for you -

I am now watering 3x/day every day started on Monday (01/06/2020). I’ve been monitoring growth and watching for deficiencies...... My ladies are 100% healthy and handling the waterings perfect. Growth rate is incredible. Thank you for the help everyone - especially @Aqua Man .

1AF4468A 366A 48D4 88CF F318E7475CB4

Not pictured: 2nd layer of trellis.
—- will be defoliating this week.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey guys, I’ve got an update for you -

I am now watering 3x/day every day started on Monday (01/06/2020). I’ve been monitoring growth and watching for deficiencies...... My ladies are 100% healthy and handling the waterings perfect. Growth rate is incredible. Thank you for the help everyone - especially @Aqua Man .

View attachment 928304

Not pictured: 2nd layer of trellis.
—- will be defoliating this week.
Awesome news 👍

H

hawkman

Update:
View attachment 926374
— no more clawing

View attachment 926375

Other issue is some taco/canoe leaves View attachment 926373

View attachment 926376
If caused by heat - heat intensity not so much the distance but the pentration of light

Top Bottom