Clone 2.5 weeks after transplanting, she looking ready for nutes?

• Thread starter Dr_Cactus12
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Heywood

Heywood

Bought a cheap quantum meter.

So I was looking at (and reading about) PAR meters a few days ago.
From what I gathered, the "cheap ones" are about as useless as a $5 PH meter.

You have a link to the Quantum one you are talking about?
I see one on Amazon for $189. I don't consider that to be cheap.

PrimoClonesCanada

PrimoClonesCanada

Supporter
I'm running bottled nutes so a bit of runoff is helpful to control salts in my case AFAIK. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
It can't hurt.
I just never do it for organic growing, never felt the need. But I don't really use much bottled organic nutes so maybe bottled organics might build up in soil and need flushing.
I never flushed my plants when I used pure blend. I did when I used salt nutrients, it's one of the reasons I switched to organics as was a pain in the ass to flush and was a waste of water in my eyes.

Happy Growing

PrimoClonesCanada

PrimoClonesCanada

Supporter

You can try the photon app on your phone, it's not super accurate but should give you an idea

Heywood

Heywood

I have not watered the ones in the back once since I planted those clones (7 days ago).
7 days seems like a stretch to me. How is your humidity levels since we last talked about it yesterday?
These plants are still really getting their root structure established and rely on humidity to help absorb the moisture they need.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Never heard the comparison to pH meters.
I use the Hydrofarm. My neighbor bought a high end Apogee. We checked side by side under HLG, Growers Choice 720, Phlizon 640 watt and several smaller LEDs. My cheapie was within 10 at the worst and averaged 5 ppfd difference.

A hell of a lot better than a guess. I’ll promise.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

The comparison was about price... along the lines of you get what you pay for.
Not a comparison of like-for-like functionality.
Check the 2022 article I posted eh? Check their choice for best value.

D

Dr_Cactus12

7 days seems like a stretch to me. How is your humidity levels since we last talked about it yesterday?
I put a baking pan in the tent and added a bit of filtered water in it and that raised the humidity by about 10% on avg, so its doing better. At this very second it's reading 45% RH at 77.5F. As far as the plants in the back go, 7 days for a tiny unestablished plant in a 3 gal pot is pretty normal for me at least. The soil an inch below the surface has a bit of moisture, not too much though, but I just stuck a moisture meter in there and it still reads at a 10 about halfway down the soil. I will say, however, that I did probably over-drench the soil when I planted the clones. I got a little carried away with trying to even out the soil around the clones when watering and ended up giving them quite a bit more water than was probably necessary (my tendency for perfection often shoots me in the foot like this). I don't exactly remember but I think I gave both of those three gallon pots around 2 gals of pH 6.5 water each and didn't even realize how much water I had used from the bucket until after I watered them in. Come to think of it I hope I didn't accidentally flush out my soil.

D

Dr_Cactus12

Update: one day later after giving half dose big bloom and grow big brand new leaves are looking way greener!
DF76CC10 8B02 4505 8251 8AED40491D6F
ACCCBF34 27F7 4425 B631 2C3F7C4067FF

Top Bottom