Clone advise

• Thread starter Virgingrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

Virgingrow

I've had a cutting in water for a month now and still no roots...the dude that cut it didn't remove any leaves or trim any leave and also didnt peel any skin from the bottom...also he cut damn near a branch....ithe cutting is very healthy but do you think I would kill it if I cut all the bottom leaves and skin the bottom at this point?

V

Virgingrow

No mold or rotten stem after a month?
Not at all...I've changed the water once a week...I have it under full spectrum light 16 hours and 8 dark....I can post a pic later after I get home...this is my first time trying to grow and I'm not sure what I should do at this point, I really like the strain and want to keep it alive if possible..it is a blueberry and looks to me to be an indica dominant strain

Zuna206

Zuna206

have you tried adding some rooting hormones to the water? .. i know my very first clone took a while in just water (over a month), i put a sandwich baggy over it and misted it everyday, but then again i did add a pinch of bat guano to the water.

V

Virgingrow

have you tried adding some rooting hormones to the water? .. i know my very first clone took a while in just water (over a month), i put a sandwich baggy over it and misted it everyday, but then again i did add a pinch of bat guano to the water.
I haven't tried adding anything yet...what brand do u suggest?

Zuna206

Zuna206

I mean, im not sure if you would want to add a gel or powder to the water. How i clone is by taking cuttings, dip in water, then i dip them in clonex rooting gel and then into Hormex rooting powder then into their rockwool... I'd agree with aqua, go with the powder. Promix is good, Hormex isn't horrible either.

Zuna206

Zuna206

cutting it more would possibly allow the cambium layer to be accessed more (just in case that layer isn't actually penetrated or exposed) so yeah why not add some cuts along the stem or even a new 45 degree cut.

V

Virgingrow

cutting it more would possibly allow the cambium layer to be accessed more (just in case that layer isn't actually penetrated or exposed) so yeah why not add some cuts along the stem or even a new 45 degree cut.
Ok...that's actually what I was trying to find out...what are the chances of I dying when I do this?

Zuna206

Zuna206

slim to none(i believe), tbh if your plant wasnt uptaking the water or even alive it'd be dead by now, considering its actually been over a month a new 45 degree cut or incisions along the stem wouldnt be that bad.. try splitting open the end of the stem after the new 45 degree cut, plus the cloning hormones and try to put a little bag over it to create a humid environment and you should see roots within 1-2 weeks.

V

Virgingrow

slim to none(i believe), tbh if your plant wasnt uptaking the water or even alive it'd be dead by now, considering its actually been over a month a new 45 degree cut or incisions along the stem wouldnt be that bad.. try splitting open the end of the stem after the new 45 degree cut, plus the cloning hormones and try to put a little bag over it to create a humid environment and you should see roots within 1-2 weeks.
Cool...thanks bro I appreciate your help..I'll let you know what happens..once again thank you

Ignignokt

Ignignokt

Something I heard about recently for rooting ( I haven't tried it with cannabis yet ) is willow water. Basically water that has macerated, first year growth willow branches steeped in water overnite. The hormone auxin is plentiful in willows and they tend to root when you really didn't want willows.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Something I heard about recently for rooting ( I haven't tried it with cannabis yet ) is willow water. Basically water that has macerated, first year growth willow branches steeped in water overnite. The hormone auxin is plentiful in willows and they tend to root when you really didn't want willows.
Yeah it is true. I think you want second year growth... Idk I can remember but I would stick to the gel/powder. You can find some diy on willow on YouTube but I think it's more of a pain than it's worth. I get a container of rooting powder for $5. It might be fun to tinker with though.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Is there a node in the water? Or just stem?
The undifferentiated cells that decide to grow into roots are mostly concentrated around the nodes, If it's all stem in the water that could be why.

When I take a cutting I make it 5-6" long and cut it slightly longer than I need, and make the main cut 1/8" below a node while holding the stem under water. Roll it in gel or powder (Wilson's gel is my fav) and into a rapid rooter plug. My God bud just popped roots after 5 days.

Last edited:
Top Bottom