Clone day 12 . Max humidity or vents open?

• Thread starter Johnnygrowz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Johnnygrowz

Johnnygrowz

Things are going much better cloning this round. Roots started coming day 11-12.
My 2 vents are about half way open now . Do i continue misting the leaves and/or dome?

Do i contine misting or just burp them and wipe down condensation? Open vents more gradually? Or completely close them for more humidity to pop the rest?

Im so close guys just dont wanna mess up this time.

Thanks in advance yall the best!

Clone day 12  max humidity or vents open
Anthem

Anthem

Once you have roots coming out like that the plants need start to change. With the vents being half open now is a good time to open the vents all the way open. I usually do a harding off process that begins on about day 6. I will take the top off, clean and remove any condensation , mist the clones and set an alarm for about 5 minutes. Once the 5 minutes is up I mist one more time put the cover on and put them away. I will usually open the vents slightly on day 5 or 6 and each day I extend the time with the cover off and I slowly open the vents usually by day 10 to 12 they are ready to be taken out of the clone box and either planted or put in net pots. I would follow what I said above about harding off and just give them a couple more days in the clone box. Nice work BTW.

Johnnygrowz

Johnnygrowz

Thank you !!! Really appreciate your tips. But only about 25 30 percents are showing signs of root.

What do i do to pop the rest out?

So youre saying i should be fully open vent now to harden them off. But i will lose a bit humidity to root the slow ones though .

Anthem

Anthem

Thank you !!! Really appreciate your tips. But only about 25 30 percents are showing signs of root.

What do i do to pop the rest out?

So youre saying i should be fully open vent now to harden them off. But i will lose a bit humidity to root the slow ones though .
at 10 to 12 days they will show roots any day. I would open the vents all the way up at this point and start harding them off. That will usually also cause them to root. In the winter months in Cali I will use a heat mat under the clone box with a towel wrapped around it. Once they get below I would say about 65 the root process will take a little longer. Also be mindful of how much water is in the cubes. You want the once that have not rooted to have a little less moisture in the cubes to help them develop roots. I mix up a very very low dose of nutrients in a spry bottle and when I mist they get a little foliar feeding. Also while I am waiting for the ones that have not rooted to develop roots I keep an eye on the moisture of the rooted clones. They tend to dry out a little more so I just use the squire bottle and give them a little water and food.

Johnnygrowz

Johnnygrowz

Thanks Anthem! I got what i need first time ever ! And will probably have 80 to 90 % success rate. I think im getting a true understanding if how it works now .

Do you think a heat mat would speed uo the process? Or only needed in extreme cold condition?

Thanks again dude!

Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

Make a bucket bubbler cloner

I’m in the process of making a new bigger 3 Gal one but I found this one on Amazon for $50

Get 99.9% results on even the hardest to clone strains. Average 7-10 days hard to clone up to 21 days or longer but the do root

Top Bottom