Clone help please thank you

• Thread starter 5pointslo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
5pointslo

5pointslo

I got a couple clones shipped to me and was wondering if they needed a long recovery time or if there’s an issue. In a

12x30x36 tall tent
17w sun blaster t5 25” above
Humidity I’ve tried different settings from 50-70%
temp 72-74
build a soil light 1/3 and 2/3 coco

plant leaves are tacoing in some spots but mostly concerned with burnt tips and curling leafs. Also the serrations on the edges are lifting up making the leafs look spikes for lack of a better term. Red cup I’ve had for a few days. Last picture has been in the pot for a week and half. Just watered today before taking pics.
Clone help please thank you
Clone help please thank you 2
Clone help please thank you 3
Clone help please thank you 4
Clone help please thank you 5

jguit

jguit

Supporter
Did the clones arrive like that? Looks like light/heat damage.

80-ish F.. Very indirect light.. Spray the inside of the dome.. Dome on / with vents open.. Air out/exchange air once or twice a day.. Spray the inside of the dome daily.. After a few days take the dome off and see if they wilt.. If they wilt.. Spray the dome and put it back on.. If not leave it off.. Repeat.

You don't want your media to be too wet.. damp is what you want.

Last edited:
5pointslo

5pointslo

Did the clones arrive like that? Looks like light/heat damage.

80-ish F.. Very indirect light.. Spray the inside of the dome.. Dome on / with vents open.. Air out/exchange air once or twice a day.. Spray the inside of the dome daily.. After a few days take the dome off and see if they wilt.. If they wilt.. Spray the dome and put it back on.. If not leave it off.. Repeat.

You don't want your media to be too wet.. damp is what you want.
Yeah they looked like that when I got them. They were rooted in a cube and I transplanted into soil. They haven’t wilted at all. Was told I wouldn’t need to put them in a dome.

H

hawkman

I got a couple clones shipped to me and was wondering if they needed a long recovery time or if there’s an issue. In a

12x30x36 tall tent
17w sun blaster t5 25” above
Humidity I’ve tried different settings from 50-70%
temp 72-74
build a soil light 1/3 and 2/3 coco

plant leaves are tacoing in some spots but mostly concerned with burnt tips and curling leafs. Also the serrations on the edges are lifting up making the leafs look spikes for lack of a better term. Red cup I’ve had for a few days. Last picture has been in the pot for a week and half. Just watered today before taking pics.View attachment 1220649View attachment 1220650View attachment 1220651View attachment 1220652View attachment 1220653
consider quarrtine-ing your clone from other plants because many clones that one get thru mail and or friend can have "insects" or other plant issues. -- because you don't want to affect your other plants (just a safe practice ) do you use any root stimulator ? generally that's all I feed for the first2 weeks

5pointslo

5pointslo

consider quarrtine-ing your clone from other plants because many clones that one get thru mail and or friend can have "insects" or other plant issues. -- because you don't want to affect your other plants (just a safe practice ) do you use any root stimulator ? generally that's all I feed for the first2 weeks
Yeah I have some rapid start I watered with the first times. As for insects I did throw the microscope on it and checked all over found nothing luckily

jguit

jguit

Supporter
Yeah they looked like that when I got them. They were rooted in a cube and I transplanted into soil. They haven’t wilted at all. Was told I wouldn’t need to put them in a dome.
My bad.. I didn't realize they were already rooted.

Are you doing a soil or coco grow?

5pointslo

5pointslo

My bad.. I didn't realize they were already rooted.

Are you doing a soil or coco grow?
Soil. So I used build a soil light and think I got a hot bag. I know you’re not supposed to check run off ppm with living soil but I did. 3000 ppm , checked another bag unopened from build a soil light and it was 1000ppm run off. I ended up mixing it with coco to try and bring it down. I did a seedling run a few months ago with that bag and more than half of them were burned when they sprouted. Forgot about it til I saw what I thought was nutrient burn on this one(last picture)

Moshmen

Moshmen

Ah but you didn’t transfer to soil you have a coco mix there which really isn’t goin to work well, imo , plants that’s size should have at least 1 fertigations a day if not 3 , you need a coco grower to chime in but you need more grow info to get better answers

Moshmen

Moshmen

Soil. So I used build a soil light and think I got a hot bag. I know you’re not supposed to check run off ppm with living soil but I did. 3000 ppm , checked another bag unopened from build a soil light and it was 1000ppm run off. I ended up mixing it with coco to try and bring it down. I did a seedling run a few months ago with that bag and more than half of them were burned when they sprouted. Forgot about it til I saw what I thought was nutrient burn on this one(last picture)
Way to hot for clones again should not try to mix the two methods

jguit

jguit

Supporter
If you're going to treat it like coco, get proper hydro nutrients and fertigate once a day to start. I'm not sure what influence the soil you have mixed in there will have, at least in the beginning.

KingOfUranus

KingOfUranus

Ive never used build a soil but I do use allmix and batmix and always use 1 part coco to 2 parts soil. The coco stops the soil from compacting, keeps it areated and helps with drainage. Ive never found it too hot for freshly rooted cuts if given plain water with no additional feed. You have the soil/coco ratios reversed. Ii always use epsom salt in first week of veg to charge the medium with a good source of Mag. (And also later in veg/beginning of flower to prevent any mag deficiencies). One of your pics looks like a mag def, one looks like nute burn, cpl look like exposure damage (wind/low rh), its hard to pinpoint what the problem is. It could be simply that they werent fully hardened off and it has led to these other things. But I'd say reverse your soil/coco ratio in future (unless thats a specific ratio reccomended for build a soil, of which I have no exoerience with).

5pointslo

5pointslo

Ive never used build a soil but I do use allmix and batmix and always use 1 part coco to 2 parts soil. The coco stops the soil from compacting, keeps it areated and helps with drainage. Ive never found it too hot for freshly rooted cuts if given plain water with no additional feed. You have the soil/coco ratios reversed. Ii always use epsom salt in first week of veg to charge the medium with a good source of Mag. (And also later in veg/beginning of flower to prevent any mag deficiencies). One of your pics looks like a mag def, one looks like nute burn, cpl look like exposure damage (wind/low rh), its hard to pinpoint what the problem is. It could be simply that they werent fully hardened off and it has led to these other things. But I'd say reverse your soil/coco ratio in future (unless thats a specific ratio reccomended for build a soil, of which I have no exoerience with).
Ahh okay. My thinking was the coco might help break up some of the nutrient ratio if it was a little hot. It’s done now I suppose. Too late to reverse it :/

KingOfUranus

KingOfUranus

Ahh okay. My thinking was the coco might help break up some of the nutrient ratio if it was a little hot. It’s done now I suppose. Too late to reverse it :/
You can still top dress it with just soil, which will leach some nutes down to the roots when you water. Then do the 2:1 (soil:coco) ratio when you repot.

In my last run there were a couple of pots that got too much coco in the mix and towards the end of flower they needed a lot more food than the others, I basically fed them like coco towards the end.

Keep an eye on them, if they start showing nute def then you could use some biobizz fish mix to help them along in veg until you repot.

Last edited:
5pointslo

5pointslo

Yeah the nutrient burn on the one was
You can still top dress it with just soil, which will leach some nutes down to the roots when you water. Then do the 2:1 (soil:coco) ratio when you repot.

In my last run there were a couple of pots that got too much coco in the mix and towards the end of flower they needed a lot more food than the others, I basically fed them like coco towards the end.

Keep an eye on them, if they start showing nute def then you could use some biobizz fish mix to help them along in veg until you repot.
ah okay good to know. I’ll keep that in mind. I only did the mixture for that one solo cup also. Once it got a little more maturity I was just gonna go full soil. I know that they say run off ppm doesn’t matter in living soil but I tested because a bunch of seedlings were burned with that same bag didn’t think much of it and forgot. Checked the run off and it was like 3500 ppm for the light then I checked another bag I had been using and it was only 1000. Weird right

KingOfUranus

KingOfUranus

Yeah the nutrient burn on the one was

ah okay good to know. I’ll keep that in mind. I only did the mixture for that one solo cup also. Once it got a little more maturity I was just gonna go full soil. I know that they say run off ppm doesn’t matter in living soil but I tested because a bunch of seedlings were burned with that same bag didn’t think much of it and forgot. Checked the run off and it was like 3500 ppm for the light then I checked another bag I had been using and it was only 1000. Weird right

Adding coco to your soil will greatly improve your final yield vs soil alone. Like noticeably, probably by at least 35%+.
I consider 2:1 soil:coco to be a "soil grow". Many brands of soil reccomend mixing coco into their soil at this ratio, on the bags.
Ive grown in pure soil but would never do without coco again, once you see the difference something as simple as adding coco has to the growth. Its probably the simplest, cheapest thing you can do that makes the biggest difference when growing in soil.

5pointslo

5pointslo

Adding coco to your soil will greatly improve your final yield vs soil alone. Like noticeably, probably by at least 35%+.
I consider 2:1 soil:coco to be a "soil grow". Many brands of soil reccomend mixing coco into their soil at this ratio, on the bags.
Ive grown in pure soil but would never do without coco again, once you see the difference something as simple as adding coco has to the growth. Its probably the simplest, cheapest thing you can do that makes the biggest difference when growing in soil.
Thanks I’m gonna try that on this run

S

Superscrip1

It's potassium are they planted in Cocoa?

S

Superscrip1

Those plants have a potassium deficiency. Why they have the deficiency only he would know because he is the one who knows where they've been and what the inputs have been no 1 else.

S

Superscrip1

The tacoing will turn into the burned tips that's what happens in the end of all nutrient deficiency..necrosis

Top Bottom