clone issues help please

• Thread starter NBfrost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NBfrost

HEY ALL i just cut about 50 clones and things are goign ok , but i think i may have cut some of them 2 long , i just found one clone that was almost mush a the bottom just above the rock wool /// is this to much moisture ? i opened the ports on the dome to help . i have them under floroecents , and used oasia , rock wool , and jiffy pellets... here is a pic

Clones 003jpg
Clones 006jpg
Clones 008jpg
I

in the air

some not all do look a little long but may be ok still. you could cut back some of the leaf tips to help send energy to roots. if the are too wet the will not root fast at all. there is a right amount of moisture you want to have. you want it moist in there not soaking. wet enough that the top of the dome is moist but not so wet that yo have "standing" water at bottom. not having the cuts soaking wet and not to cold goes along way. if the cuts are real cold move them closer to light or a heating pad for a hr or so a day will help.

KAL EL

KAL EL

In my experience, mushy stems in the cubes is usually from it being too hot.
I put my cuttings in oasis cubes and starter plugs. I put em in trays with about a 1/2 inch of water on the bottom and dome them, I get a great root rate this way, except if the temps are above 80, then I get mush.

N

NBfrost

thanks man i lowed my temp to around 24.8 celeus so im hopign that fixes it beofre it spreads .. there was only one but i dnot want it to cathc on

H

Hash Man

with cloning you have to consider your environment and whether or not you need a humidity dome... if your clones are wilting its 2 causes in my experience. either its too hot/to intense light or its not humid enough... cutting like really high humidity. after they harden off after a week or so they like a bit less... get soil thermometer and keep your cubes at 75-80 degrees... i mist my humidity dome daily and take it off after a week or 2.

Top Bottom