Clone questions and techniques in soil

• Thread starter Goblinkiller
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Hello all !

Beginner wants to learn cloning appropriately.

I use a nutriculture aeroponic rooting box. Cuts go in there, become rooted and then transfer to soil. This is where trouble begins. Leaves crumple and die. I thought this was a phase and new growth would come but it looks shitty...

Clones were healthy before transfer to soil.

Anyone wanna share cloning techniques for soil? I tried once before and it was not successful. Read that aloe Vera helps rooting so put a cut in aloe vera 'sauce' and then in the soil.

Did not work.

Tips and tricks welcome

Is aeroponic rooting a con when you transfer to soil?
I dont wanna do hydro

BigCube

BigCube

I use rockwool or solo cup of un fertilized medium for clones. Presoak in 120 ish ppm nutrient water. Place cutting in, the medium and put it in a tent that is in veg. Usually in a corner or under the canopy of another plant. The first day or two I put a bag / dome over the cutting to keep the humidity up, and spray the cutting 2 or 3 times a day for the first 3 days.

ReeferRon

ReeferRon

I use a bubble cloner and then transfer to soil with great success. How long after they root are you transferring them to soil? You should let them root in the cloner for at least a week or two after they start before putting them in soil. They should have a nice little root system starting before the transplant. For sure no con.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Thnx4replies. I might not have rooted them enough..also might be bad soil I use..

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

There just weren't enough roots to take in the amount of water the cut was used to taking in. This happens to me, too, but they come out of it in a few days.

I guess I was so thrilled with the improvement in rooting over my old method, I took the shock to the cut in stride.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Yes I see. What do you think I need to do in my setup to improve clone health? Seems to me you are saying its a passing thing..this fragile state they have become.

I got new clones in the rooter, when they are rooted i will try again. With success hopefully

Harvard

Harvard

I like using a heat mat in the Michigan winter. 9 site cloner with 100% success every time.
FB994384 AFBC 4489 B769 A8C99B5C826E
230D2E23 2BBA 47EB 883B 808BA64B3A88
AA76AE40 72CB 4184 8D2E 6ADE70F2B89F

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Nice pics and clones. Do you mist them ? In my aeroponic box they get misted on top as well as its high humidity. I think the transfer into the tent in soil pot is drying them out.

I am puzzled, thought that when they have good roots they wont need high humidity.

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Clones were healthy before transfer to soil.
Pay very much attention to the soil moisture...there is the problem i think
The environment is too demanding and they run out of water very fast.....even if the soil surrounding is wet, the roots cant reach it .
Try to rais humidity and moist /check every 6 hours with just a shotglass of water around the base....
Healthy clones with healty roots that die in the soil after transplant....its very likely a moisture problem

Harvard

Harvard

Nice pics and clones. Do you mist them ? In my aeroponic box they get misted on top as well as its high humidity. I think the transfer into the tent in soil pot is drying them out.

I am puzzled, thought that when they have good roots they wont need high humidity.
I never mist, I cut, dip, and place in cloner. Them clones there are my batch I have going now and were taken and rooted in 30%+~ humidity. Still is low humidity as It’s end of winter here.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Spot on. The soil is wet and I think its not draining wery well. Did not use soil for this particular phase so will do that next time. And will pay close attention to the watering..was thinking i might drown the roots if I water too much

Top Bottom