Cloner Question

• Thread starter tattoojim
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tattoojim

So normally I clone in pucks, but I just got done building an aeroponic cloner - 10 gallon tub, 500 gph pond pump, 360 degree misters, you know the drill - and before I take my next cuttings I thought I'd double check what kind of nutrients I should keep in my cloner as I've read various things, and this is my first time using a system like this. I'm thinking clone-x clone and seedling nutrient (1-0.4-1) and superthrive, is that good enough? Anything special that really makes a big difference in rooting this way?

T

tattoojim

cmon guys...i wana go take some cuts. just want to make sure this clonex stuff is good.

C

CHEVYBOX

Yea bro your good go for it.. I have rooted with just water from the spicet in my ezcloner.

T

tattoojim

Yea bro your good go for it.. I have rooted with just water from the spicet in my ezcloner.

thanks buddy for the confirmation..im off to do some cleaning then take some cuts thanks..

T

tattoojim

im new to water cloning so i only took 3 cuts. i wana make sure my home made cloner is gonna work. when i wake up tomorow i will take some pics and post them. i hope for the best throughout the night . i have one more q. do i need a dome over the cuts in the cloner?

lollipopman

lollipopman

No dome, I would run it for 24 hours to see what the water temps get to.. keep it under 72,

T

tattoojim

No dome, I would run it for 24 hours to see what the water temps get to.. keep it under 72,

the room temp is right at 72. i just checked the water by touch and it seems cooler than 72. the water temp wont get much warmer than room temp will it?

A

AliasAO

the room temp is right at 72. i just checked the water by touch and it seems cooler than 72. the water temp wont get much warmer than room temp will it?

My kudos to Clonex.

Kinda slow around the Farm lately with the responses it seems.

I dont own a Cloner Jim... but I do use Clonex, a propagation tray and a dome.

The Clonex works great for my basic simple approach, and Ive also heard its very effective in any Cloner.

What I do is choose a nice lower specimen and take a long cut. Then I make the final cut under water directly under a good node. From the water it goes straight into the Clonex gel (just the tip) then into RW and my Prop tray /dome. In ur case that nice new Cloner you built.

Ive never used anything BUT clonex and my root ratio is great so far.

--AO

T

tattoojim

My kudos to Clonex.

Kinda slow around the Farm lately with the responses it seems.

I dont own a Cloner Jim... but I do use Clonex, a propagation tray and a dome.

The Clonex works great for my basic simple approach, and Ive also heard its very effective in any Cloner.

What I do is choose a nice lower specimen and take a long cut. Then I make the final cut under water directly under a good node. From the water it goes straight into the Clonex gel (just the tip) then into RW and my Prop tray /dome. In ur case that nice new Cloner you built.

Ive never used anything BUT clonex and my root ratio is great so far.

--AO

do i use gel in this prosses? clonex got me 80% in pucks,90% if the 1 grew out.it rooted just didnt grow.

A

AliasAO

do i use gel in this prosses? clonex got me 80% in pucks,90% if the 1 grew out.it rooted just didnt grow.

Ive never used a Cloner but I would imagine a dip in Clonex rooting gel before putting into to the cloner would be beneficial. Of course If im wrong someone will hopefully chime in and correct me. if you havent applied it in the past it may be a reason why some havent survived after the transplant??

What process did u use with your newly made cloner??

A

AliasAO

aliasao..do you use that same nute 1-0.4-1

After I transplant into my Coco/Per mix I use Mother A & B for both my clones and my moms. So far its worked great, even helped to cure a def.

When my clones are rooting in the Prop tray I spray the RW cubes and dome with 5.5-5.7 ph balanced water. I use no supplements until I transplant. Then its mothers until they go into the Tent for the Big game.

T

tattoojim

i use clonex gel when i clone to pucs. but i didnt for the cloner. i picked some nice 5 node tops. made my cut with a stearlized exacto knife,peeled off 2 nodes of growth, and trimmed off the ends of the fan leafs. i only did three just incase i prematurely jumped into this. i have gel on hand.

T

tattoojim

After I transplant into my Coco/Per mix I use Mother A & B for both my clones and my moms. So far its worked great, even helped to cure a def.

When my clones are rooting in the Prop tray I spray the RW cubes and dome with 5.5-5.7 ph balanced water. I use no supplements until I transplant. Then its mothers until they go into the Tent for the Big game.

my water has clonex nute and superthrive, and a cap of peroxcide. all of them are way less than recomennded on there bottles.

T

tattoojim

Moderation the key to life and nutes..:bongsmi:

its been a couple hours and there is no signs of droopy leaves. if this works out for me:harvest: this was so much cheaper than the real thing. i will have pics in the afternoon.

Top Bottom