Cloner set up

• Thread starter Billwilson85
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Billwilson85

Billwilson85

I've got a ezclone cloner I set up 10 days ago and I'm not seeing roots yet. I dipped my cuttings in Olivia's cloning gel first. The water I filtered to 0 ppm then added. I'm figuring the cloner holds 2 gallons. I added 1.5 tsp go bio thrive, 1/2 tsp rhizo blast, and a pinch of magnesium sulfate. Ph was naturally 5.8 250ppm. I need this cloner to speed up. Is my ppm off or ph? Should I dip them more than once in Olivia's gel? Should I leave out rhizo blast next time? First time using a cloner, and not seeing an advantage over the clone dome right now

P

PROMETHEUSRISING

A: It's gonna happen, or you'll see rot around the stem base.
B: Not all clones make it.
C: Temperature needs to be >70f.
D: Too much light is bad. Keep it soft until roots begin.
E: A humidity of ~80% and up is generally good. 90% too much maybe. Shit can get strange with altitudes and shit.
F: Clone way more than you want. Keep the best, discard the rest. It's as much a art as science.

Billwilson85

Billwilson85

Thanks prometheusrising. Ya my Temps range from 70 to 75 during the 18 hour light cycle I have them on with humidity ranging between 60 to 70. I don't have a tent, just a bedroom. So ya I don't expect 100% rates but gotta strive for it

P

PROMETHEUSRISING

Try placing the bottom of a two liter bottle over the tops to contain heat and moisture.

Billwilson85

Billwilson85

Ya that's a good idea. I don't drink soda though so I'll try to find something. Lol. Here's my mommas 42 days out of a cloner, soft topped twice and lots of string to train them

P

PROMETHEUSRISING

I can tell from the floor humidity is not being maintained. I can also tell you are past clone stage. However, until you are ready to go into bloom stage maintain 80% humidity if possible. At Walmart you may purchase emergency blanket, that are Mylar sheets. These will help with insulation, humidity, light reflection, and such if you line your grow are RESPONSIBLY. Fire hazard is a real thing in this. The planets pictured are juvenile, but what I would consider possibly blooming. For large Cola a mature point of cola formation is needed. That's the tip of the stem. A single plant can have multiples, and it take time and experience to get to know when with what plant. but these pictured are not new clones. They are what I'd take clones from.

What I'm sayin' is mylar blankets are cheap at Wal-fart. Use them to partition your grow area to your benefit. (I'm seeing a possible hint of too much feritilizer in the photo)

Billwilson85

Billwilson85

Ya I didn't see a point in taking pics of the cloner. Ya I agree on having a little too much nitrogen. I have no plans on budding these plants indoor, they are for clones. Ya I'll check out Walmart on the mylar, I was thinking about it. I took the carpet out of the room and scrubbed the old wannabe hardwood floor. I have a towel that gets hit by the fan and add water when humidity gets out of safe vpd range. Your both saying 80% humidity which makes me want to throw away my vpd chart. And ya next watering will be without base nutes.

Top Bottom