Clones Hermied.

• Thread starter WestbyGod
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
WestbyGod

WestbyGod

I grew out two clones to sex mothers I have. They started flowering fine, but Both hermied. Will other clones taken from these plants be likely to hermie also?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Depends on the cause. If it was stress induced then they might be ok. If it was genetic then it will probably always be the case.

WestbyGod

WestbyGod

I don't think it was stress. I crossed two strains I had that were stable, but pollen I used from male was old. Might have unstable strain.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I don’t think the age of the pollen would make any difference in it creating hermies. It’s either viable or it’s not. If the strains were stable then the only factor I can see coming into play would be environmental stress. But that’s assuming the genetics were stable and not prone to hermie.

B

Burned Haze

Genetics give/show off hermies traits (at a higher % than environment or ending harvest trigger, not saying plants don’t) so if you see multi pheno of same strains doing that in early to mid term flower.

My advice is kill em unfortunately (not worth it)

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

The 2 strains were stable but that doesn’t meant there isn’t hermit traitors in their genes down the line. Some things skip a generation or multiple generations. But if it hermed (not throw a banner in late flower, but actual balls) then it will always herm.

WestbyGod

WestbyGod

I had a Hulk Smash from Darkhorse Genetics, pollenated it with Guptilla from Colorado Seed Co. Both were stable by themselves. The only stress I can think of is that I had to tie the tops down, they were getting too tall.

No worries, I got rid of them, and started new seeds. :)

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
What makes you think they were stable?

WestbyGod

WestbyGod

I have grown both out too maturity. No hermies in any previous grows. I purchased seeds from dispensary in CO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom