Clones keep flowering need help!

• Thread starter Aaron299
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aaron299

Aaron299

Every time I cut clones lately they keep going into flower and I can't figure out why.... I have been using clonex solution in 5.5ph water and they are indoors, in 24hrs t5 light 2 bulbs per 4 domes. They are root riot plugs. Sometimes they root in 8-10 days, but lately they have been taking a long time and keep starting to flower and yellowing out. They look gross and I'm starting to get really frustrated. I can't figure out what's going on, can someone please shed some light.
20210618_064823.jpg

karolanne

karolanne

Just an idea like that. I'm far from being an expert (I'm more like a newbie): is it time to change the bulbs?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I'm not seeing flowers, just a stressed out growing point.

When plants are in stress, they can go into flower. After potting them, you should be able to get them to reveg.

Aaron299

Aaron299

That's if they root they are taking forever to root and half of them don't... here is a better pic and the lighting

20210618 070844
20210618 071025
Aaron299

Aaron299

Yes 100% sure they are in 24hrs
And yes they were taken from veg
And I took a pic of the light it was never an issue before so I am just confused!
I posted a pic of the lighting above

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah they are not flowering.

How long have you had them in there? I'm looking to understand why they are cannibalizing themselves. At least in the forst pic.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Have you inspected the mothers for bugs? Impossible for me to see but it almost looks like you may have russet mites.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah the more I look the more I have a gut feeling it is russet mites... I could be wrong but your going to need I'd say a 100x zoom or better microscope to find out.

Aaron299

Aaron299

I will go scope them now but I haven't seen any signs of an infestation anywhere I spray every 3-4 days in my veg as a preventative.

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

I've got 3 strains 8 months old that are funny like that with no pests, 24 hr light and loaded with buds. My clone indicas don't do that but these 3 i popped from bag seed do. Im just gonna run em thru to get rid of them, having a hard time getting clones to take with them now. Wonder if it's due to so much cross breeding trying to decrease flowering time of sativas, plus with bag seed u never know what strain pollinated them or if they're stress seeds or what. Like, if an autoflower pollinated a photoperiod maybe its getting that signal mixed up between auto and photoperiod. I dunno im still learning lol.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I've got 3 strains 8 months old that are funny like that with no pests, 24 hr light and loaded with buds. My clone indicas don't do that but these 3 i popped from bag seed do. Im just gonna run em thru to get rid of them, having a hard time getting clones to take with them now. Wonder if it's due to so much cross breeding trying to decrease flowering time of sativas, plus with bag seed u never know what strain pollinated them or if they're stress seeds or what. Like, if an autoflower pollinated a photoperiod maybe its getting that signal mixed up between auto and photoperiod. I dunno im still learning lol.
Nah your absolutely right... some strains are just a pita to clone and the older the mothers the harder it usually gets.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah no signs of pests... ???
Temps around 80f

Humidity 80-90%

Low light

Starters tight against the stem

Starters are kept moist.

Clones are cut and immediately dipped into water to prevent air entering the stem.

Rooting hormones?

If so I'm all out of ideas and lost. Some of those are super important and some like Humidity and rooting hormones while help are not as crucial.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Consider an aero-cloner. I used to take two clones per plant, hoping one would make it. Now they all make it.

Top Bottom