Clones leaves yellowing and having brown spots, drooping, purple stems and | stunt growth | CO2 supplementation | 2x Lumatek 600w

• Thread starter atouchd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Observationist

Observationist

Is bottle A 4-0-1?

I have not used that line but my clones are around your stage maybe a week ahead

and I feed them 0.5 EC around 200-400ppm

but you also have more lights and co2 supplement

Observationist

Observationist

What @Anthem said, those guys can help you way more than I can.

Observationist

Observationist

ok so i need to put 400 ppm in the monitor
1000-1500 is towards the begging-dnd of flower, tapering back down to 700 or so
Those are babies they ain’t doing much with that much co2

might as well go to ambient which is 400, and once they get healthy you can start playing around with increasing it

A

atouchd

1000-1500 is towards the end of flower
Those are babies they ain’t doing much with that much co2

might as well go to ambient which is 400, and once they get healthy you can start playing around with increasing it
you right about that for sure but i dont think the co2 here is the problem its much deeper than that

Anthem

Anthem

ok so i need to put 400 ppm in the monitor
Yes you are just wasting the stuff right now and the added CO2 can do more damage than good at the stage of life and the situation. So just keep is at what is in the air we breath right now. Once they are starting to get healthy you can dump it up. Middle to end of veg you can go 800 or more. Depending on how hard you want to run the plants you can run it up to 1600 PPM when in flower.

Anthem

Anthem

are you using tap water or ro?
i would stop feeding just about everything except N and micronutes such as calcium and magnesium esp if not using tap water.
See this is part of what I am talking about just N and Mirco Nutrients. First off Calcium and magnesium are not Mirco Nutrients but Macro Nutrients. Adding just N is not what is needed. Take a look at a starter fertilizer like same Jacks 321 for clones and seedlings. One part mix and a ratio of 15-6-17. You would be surprised about how makes nutrients for which company. There is just not that many companies blending and producing their own products but most would like you to think they are producing their own produces. JR Peters has been in the game for a very long time as well as Grow More.
The flash and the fancy labels at the hydro store are just that flash and marketing to get you to buy.

Anthem

Anthem

Is bottle A 4-0-1?

I have not used that line but my clones are around your stage maybe a week ahead

and I feed them 0.5 EC around 200-400ppm

but you also have more lights and co2 supplement
200 to 400 PPM's is a pretty big swing on the EC scale assuming to 500 scale that would be anywhere from 0.4 EC to 0.8EC

Anthem

Anthem

I do not know what to do anymore, today i gave each about 60 ml of water each plant, water per 5l had 2.5ml 33% hydrogen peroxide and sprayed epsom salt quarter teaspoon for 1l help me please.
Did you add 20 percent of a product like this?
I believe that product contains 25 percent Calcium. Which if it does this is causing a problem with your plants. The ratio of the nutrients is pretty important. The ratio of Calcium and Magnesium is overally important. Plus you are in Coco which coco has a citation exchange that occurs are part of the manufacturing process. The coco coir is the husk of the fruit, during the manufacturing process the husk is broken and new citation sites are created. These site stripe Magnesium out of the water further causing problems for the Calcium Magnesium ratios. Do basically what you have created is a situation that will probably not be able to be fixed with just watering the plants because the lime is mixed into the soil. What you are going to have to do is go buy some new coco and ideally buy premix 70/30 perlite and pull the plants out of each pot. Probably a good idea to put them in a 5 gallon bucket of say 250 PPM with ferts only right now to rinse out as much of the lime as possible. Pre load the coco with Magnesium Sulfate (epson salt you can get at the drug store. Get the unscented and look up how to pre charge coco with Magnesium Sulfate. replant in fresh Coir and keep the media moist, not soaking wet but moist. The hardest part of Coco is when the plants are young and have not filled the pot with roots. Once that occurs it will be much easier to figure out a watering schedule.

jguit

jguit

Supporter
You will want to buffer fresh 'unbuffered' coco coir with both Ca and Mg if you decide to go this route (re-potting), which i would agree is wise. You can use your AN CalMag for this.

I would then simplify your inputs (nutrients) and get your environmental variables in line. I find an ambient temperature of around 81/82 gets my leaf temperatures at around 77ish when using LEDs which works great for me.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Warm them up, stop flushing and drowning them. Feed about 600ppm ph 5.8. Let them dry back until they start eating again. So many numbers just spend time in the room that’s how I figure it all out. Haven’t tested runn off in 5 years lol.

Observationist

Observationist

See this is part of what I am talking about just N and Mirco Nutrients. First off Calcium and magnesium are not Mirco Nutrients but Macro Nutrients. Adding just N is not what is needed. Take a look at a starter fertilizer like same Jacks 321 for clones and seedlings. One part mix and a ratio of 15-6-17. You would be surprised about how makes nutrients for which company. There is just not that many companies blending and producing their own products but most would like you to think they are producing their own produces. JR Peters has been in the game for a very long time as well as Grow More.
The flash and the fancy labels at the hydro store are just that flash and marketing to get you to buy.
Thanks for the clarification

A

atouchd

Did you add 20 percent of a product like this?
I believe that product contains 25 percent Calcium. Which if it does this is causing a problem with your plants. The ratio of the nutrients is pretty important. The ratio of Calcium and Magnesium is overally important. Plus you are in Coco which coco has a citation exchange that occurs are part of the manufacturing process. The coco coir is the husk of the fruit, during the manufacturing process the husk is broken and new citation sites are created. These site stripe Magnesium out of the water further causing problems for the Calcium Magnesium ratios. Do basically what you have created is a situation that will probably not be able to be fixed with just watering the plants because the lime is mixed into the soil. What you are going to have to do is go buy some new coco and ideally buy premix 70/30 perlite and pull the plants out of each pot. Probably a good idea to put them in a 5 gallon bucket of say 250 PPM with ferts only right now to rinse out as much of the lime as possible. Pre load the coco with Magnesium Sulfate (epson salt you can get at the drug store. Get the unscented and look up how to pre charge coco with Magnesium Sulfate. replant in fresh Coir and keep the media moist, not soaking wet but moist. The hardest part of Coco is when the plants are young and have not filled the pot with roots. Once that occurs it will be much easier to figure out a watering schedule.

He means ppf

You will want to buffer fresh 'unbuffered' coco coir with both Ca and Mg if you decide to go this route (re-potting), which i would agree is wise. You can use your AN CalMag for this.

I would then simplify your inputs (nutrients) and get your environmental variables in line. I find an ambient temperature of around 81/82 gets my leaf temperatures at around 77ish when using LEDs which works great for me.

Warm them up, stop flushing and drowning them. Feed about 600ppm ph 5.8. Let them dry back until they start eating again. So many numbers just spend time in the room that’s how I figure it all out. Haven’t tested runn off in 5 years lol.

Thanks for the clarification
Hey everyone just chilling with the plants for now trying to figure out all the variables.
For now light are 25% 130cm away from canope.
ppf checked with the iphone app fits the lumatek data sheet right it's about 100-150 ppfd at canopy.
fans are not blowing directly on the plants.
temps are 81 - 82.
Rh 60%-80%
CO2 reduced to 400 ppm
For the growing media I miswritten because I mixed coco growing media which consist 15% lime with another 100% pure coco + vermiculite and perlite so I think i miswritten, i believe it's about 6-10 % lime in the mix
I think the 60ml hydrogen peroxide water mix and all the other changes starting to affect them positively still not the happiest but some red gray stems are having some spots returning to green at the lower part of the stem where it's 'touching" the coco.

Last edited:
Top Bottom