Clones leaves yellowing and having brown spots, drooping, purple stems and | stunt growth | CO2 supplementation | 2x Lumatek 600w

• Thread starter atouchd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

atouchd

It's for sure an OG strain but the grower I got it from said it's Scott's OG.
50 clones.
mixed in 50% coco with 20% lime 15% perlite 15% vermiculite
using Co2 supplementation.

every nutrient solution consists:
unsulfured cane molasses
h&g cocos a and b
advanced nutrient cal mag
roots accelerator bionova
bud xl bionova
BN zym bionova
Phd down with sulfuric acid.

week 1: got them in little coco cloning sack and transplanted the same day in half a liter solo cups, stems looking purple stems but everything was going fine.
using a 1x1m tray.
Fan blowing directly at the plants going right to left on "level" 1.
height of one lumatek 600w was unmeasured but about 40-70 cm away from the plants.
accidently gave the girls 700ppm on day 2 solution ph was 5.7.
saw a lite burn but growth was going along great.
Temps this week night 22 day 30.
CO2 700-800 ppm.

week 2: switched light on 75% and increased height of lamp to 130cm from canopy.
Added a CO2 controller bought at a local growing store that can be found online, just a Chinese orange controller hooked up to my 12l tank.
they got the same feeding just with 200 to 300 ppm after 24h every day getting dry really quick.
Fan was blowing directly at the plants going right to left on "level" 1.
got transplanted at day 7 roots looking amazing sprinkled mycorrhiza moved them into 4 liter pots watering 400ppm solution with a ph of 5.8.
up until now day temperatures of about 30c and night temperatures of 22c.
at day 9 I noticed growth was starting to slow drastically.
at day 10 the room got completely sealed, added another lamp that's when things started going real bad with the purplish color going red and blackish grayish purple stems with yellow leaves and droopiness, gave them compost tea at day 11 and 12 consist of banana peel, 25 years old aloe Vera plant leaves from outdoor garden, unsulfured molasses and bionova root juice, adding an oxygen pump letting it sit for 16 hours the first feed and 36 hours the second feed.
End of week 2 CO2 at 1000-1100 ppm.
RH day 65-80% night 80-95% still waiting for the paycheck.

week 3: day 14 I though I was underfeeding since I flushed and runoff was 200ppm and ph was 6.1 so i gave a 1000ppm feed with 5.6 ph.
we went back to 25% on the lamps.
got the day temps to 27c and night temp 23-24c.
sealed some holes near the window with silicone and changed the ac "mode" to automatic mode RH is now 55%-70% at day and 60%-80% at night.

here we are now at day 16 and same symptoms just worse
but plant growth starting to pick up a little bit with new stems popping out of nodes about each node is 2 cm apart from each other and new stems grew 2 cm in 3 days.
Plant growth look stunned for over a week now.

THIS IS HOW THEY LOOK I AM GOING TO ADD MORE LIGHT LATER WHEN THE GROWTH WHEN THIS LOCKUP WILL BE FIXED

Clones leaves yellowing and having brown spots drooping purple stems and  stunt growth  co2 su
Clones leaves yellowing and having brown spots drooping purple stems and  stunt growth  co2 s
Clones leaves yellowing and having brown spots drooping purple stems and  stunt growth  co2 s
A

atouchd

I do not know what to do anymore, today i gave each about 60 ml of water each plant, water per 5l had 2.5ml 33% hydrogen peroxide and sprayed epsom salt quarter teaspoon for 1l help me please.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Hopefully a coco grower will show up , I’m not familiar with any of your nutes but I do think your killin them with love and light ! Back off that light imo

A

atouchd

i put many clones so i can pick the best but now one is growing and all of are not growing

jguit

jguit

Supporter
I would simplify everything about your grow. They look burned, hungry, over-watered, all at the same time.

I would flush your media with with your base fertilizers (the A/B) at around 1 EC just to see how the plants react. I'd let that dry out pretty well and evaluate how your plants are looking. If they're looking hungry, bump up your EC a notch or 2.

You might want to consider not using CO2 until you get a handle on your plants and your grow. Maybe lower your 'lights on' temps to about 28C -ish without CO2

Find the specs for your lights and use the manufactures recommendation for seedling/early veg (350ish PPFD) and make sure you're not bombarding them with light until the plants look better.

A quantum meter would be best for measuring your light but some folks have good luck with the LUX meter phone apps. I don't have any experience with those.

Last edited:
A

atouchd

I would simplify everything about your grow. They look burned, hungry, over-watered, all at the same time.

I would flush your media with with your base fertilizers (the A/B) at around 1 EC just to see how the plants react. I'd let that dry out pretty well and evaluate how your plants are looking.

You might want to consider not using CO2 until you get a handle on your plants and how to grow.

Find the specs for your lights and use the manufactures recommendation for seedling/early veg (350ish PPFD) and make sure you're not bombarding them with light until the plants look better.

A quantum meter would be best for measuring your might but some folks have good luck with the LUX meter phone apps. I don't have any experience with those.
1. i did give them 1ec and dry them well
2.when i turn the co 2 down i got levels of 70 ppm i dont have vents or window
3.i have a light measuring app and its working ok thats why i put 25 its below 350 ppm

Anthem

Anthem

They look to be not taking up nutrients from the looks of things. This is hard because you have input so many different things into the water. I would probably back the lights way down to about 15 to 20 percent. Hold off on the CO2. Reduce the temperature to about tops of 75 degrees. Mix up a batch of your A&B with about 6 mils of Cal Mag. say and EC of .5 or a PPM of 250 pn the 500 scale. PH to 6.0 and push that thru the media. I believe your problem is due to the amount of lime you have added to the mix. Do not quote me but you need to verify your mix. There is a reason why most just buy store bought premixed soils.

Anthem

Anthem

1. i did give them 1ec and dry them well
2.when i turn the co 2 down i got levels of 70 ppm i dont have vents or window
3.i have a light measuring app and its working ok thats why i put 25 its below 350 ppm
You need a PPM of about 400 for CO2. That is about what is in the air we breath

Observationist

Observationist

are you using tap water or ro?
i would stop feeding just about everything except N and micronutes such as calcium and magnesium esp if not using tap water.

Observationist

Observationist

That lime could be bleh for the coco mix

Last edited:
Observationist

Observationist

Why are you feeding them molasses lol

are you trying to grow organically in coco or hybrid

I only bacteria I see it may feed is the mycos and what was in that

afaik the plant it’s self can’t directly take it up, microbes break it down into something the plant can.

I grew in soil first but now I grow in coco/perlite or just perlite

A

atouchd

Ok just asking because I started to look them up but it’s not clear on the ratios on them
Thanks for replaying,
So bud xl consists of 1% organic Nitrogen amino acids fulvic acid and kelp extract
BN Zym is an enzyme idk much about it.
Roots Excelurator has a lot of stuff I can't remember right now will write soon consist 1% of organic nitrogen
cocos a & b cant remember the ratios
Ec run off current or most recent
run off was about 1000 when input 2 feedings of 1300 ppm in the last 2 days

Anthem

Anthem

6.1 last time i checked 24 hours ago
You might want to get some help from a few people on the site with more advanced skills. Between the lights, CO2 and Coco things can change rather quickly. Coco is not for everyone. The way most are running it would be with more like hydroponics than soil.
@Aquaman
@Trustfall
@Frankster
These guys can probably help you sort out the issues.
Be careful who you take advise from on this site. Just because someone has a lot of posts that means nothing. Some will rack up 100 posts in a day just to get their count up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom