Clones with problems. Can anyone help

• Thread starter Ryboburton
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ryboburton

Ryboburton

So when u say start over cut a clone off them dunk them maybe and re root. I have one plant I hate to lose

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
I would definitely investigate the soil. You know what you are doing in the grow for sure. Set up is solid. Results are solid. There is definitely a burr in your system somewhere and dude is right. If it's a performance issue and the basics are covered then it's time for the unusual shit. If you break apart one of those clones, I'd be prepared to root it again. But yeah man see if you've got bugs in your dirt.

Ryboburton

Ryboburton

I’ll take a look tonight pretty hard. Can I try killing them if so or just easier to take new cuttings off them. Make sure no eggs and re root them

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
I’ll take a look tonight pretty hard. Can I try killing them if so or just easier to take new cuttings off them. Make sure no eggs and re root them
If they are there, it is a good probability they are everywhere in your grow. You'll need to kill them all.

Ryboburton

Ryboburton

What’s strange is I wiped down everything in there completely with pure alcohol two weeks ago. Before they went in the box. I’ll look closely but I would assume completely dunking cuttings in plant wash would kill what’s on somethjng that small if there are bugs in my garden. Root the clones then go back to soil in there after cleaninf

Ryboburton

Ryboburton

So what does anyone think. Dig down on two plants found roots. Obviously didn’t go as far as the main tap root. But I see no bugs or eggs on leaves or in soil

4F6603E4 2F68 4745 83F7 2F56E8F82BBB
488D857B 854E 468F AE39 9FCF7B293995
1257E2B2 58E5 4D65 A44A 745C0BE0BA13
2F98A792 8C89 4FA6 A007 7BCA602A862F
BE9715F8 4ED4 4EDB A6B2 EDB30F6513AE
37CF07B0 EA47 4FF2 9F61 838C2C145471
89B443AF A736 4A71 9F20 7BF262207F40
2C3EF8B5 1815 4C6B B9A5 70810568F305
46E815D1 3C17 400E 833E 9667F11555D4
MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
That a tough one. Me? 4 months and issues? And then throw in baffling on top of it, I’d go to cuttings and crank out my clone machine. Others here would want to debug it. I have no patience in that department.

FlowrPowr

FlowrPowr

It looks like a root problem to me. Maybe pythium. If those plants are 4 months old, that pot should be full of roots. The soil looks wet to me. Try letting them dry out before giving more water. When the pots are light when you pick them up, then give them feed. A good soaking, so that water comes out the bottom. Use a veg. recipe. I use about 400 ppm on my clones until they are about 3 weeks old. I feed my clones 6.0 ph. I do clones in rockwool, so I'm not sure if this will help or not. I really feel its a watering issue. Plants tell you when they need water, or when they can't keep up with what your giving them. Also check you runoff. Chances are if you have been feeding them and they can't take it up, the soil is probably high in nutrients and low ph.

Ryboburton

Ryboburton

So here’s the deal with them being so old and I had posted a thread on the issue. I grew the mothers from seed. Same conditions. They grew fine. It’s a sativa and took three months in flower. The smoke is fantastic. Pulled over a pound and half off seven plants. Before I flowered them I cut 14 clones. All of them rooted. Once transplanted into what amounts to a solo cup they were moved under and hlg 135 I think quantum board. Will post pics in a min in a closet. They intitially grew but never did great under just water but once i transplanted them in one gal pots they had a good root ball. See above pics. They went back under that light and started showing problems but just never really grew. I don’t know if I don’t understand the light or the dimmer or whatever but I’d hope they’d go once under the lec. And now all this. Can’t find any bugs. I had mites when the mothers were very small and almost killed them. I’m fine with bringing them out or just cutting off the top rooting them throw everything away cleaning and running with new clones. Any advice?

Ryboburton

Ryboburton

Just checked slurry results. Well if I did it right. Mixed 1to 1 dirt to distilled water shook hard several times and let rest. Ppm was 0 and ph4.9 of water to start. Results after an hour of soaking in the dirt ppm was 160 ph 6.2

Ryboburton

Ryboburton

I agree I’m watering too much after digging. They’ll be getting half what they were. The mothers liked to dry out. Can overwater do this?

FlowrPowr

FlowrPowr

Just checked slurry results. Well if I did it right. Mixed 1to 1 dirt to distilled water shook hard several times and let rest. Ppm was 0 and ph4.9 of water to start. Results after an hour of soaking in the dirt ppm was 160 ph 6.2
I believe it's 2 parts water to one part dried soil. Your soil is pretty wet, and it is probably more concentrated towards the bottom of the pot. If the roots aren't healthy, and taking up water and nutrients, those nutrients are just concentrating in the pot. Once they are dry do a flush of nutrients to the point of water coming out the bottom of the pot. Push those old salts out and get fresh nutrients in there. Then don't feed again until completely dry. If its possible to take a couple of clones you can try that. But I've found the babies are only going to be as healthy as the mom.
Good luck, its hard watching plants on the struggle bus!

Ryboburton

Ryboburton

The mothers were monsters. See the pics above. I’m completely fine with rolling thru with them. But if anyone has the experience I can cut them 6 inches tall root and clone again and throw them under that light in all new soil pots etc and lose two weeks. What’s faster and least expensive

Ryboburton

Ryboburton

Not really improving or getting worse. Much of the same. Any advice ?

N

Newber

Go holler at Jeremy at Quality Grow on 83rd and Wornall (Waldo Neighborhood) agree with root problem though. Looked like over watering then bugs, aphids or mites like stated above.

N

Newber

Here you go fellow Kansas Citian! Hell take a dang clone in ur car 😎

Screenshot 20200921 223817 Gallery
Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

yup...To me they looked starved as hell from the first pic
Under those lights dont forget to use Epsom salts and generous amounts of Calmag

Latest posts

Top Bottom