clones

• Thread starter Weed Monger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Weed Monger

Weed Monger

Do clones de-flower? If so, can I put them under lights for a few hours as the days get shorter?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Not sure what de-flower is, but plants keep making buds as long as you keep the photoperiod at 12 hours or less. There are always exceptions, but this is a good general rule of thumb. If they get much more than 12-13 hours of light, they could stop flowering and begin to grow normally again, known as vegetative growth. Auto strains are totally different and it doesn't really matter how much light they get.

BigCube

BigCube

What are you asking? Are your clones in flower? And you want then to go back into veg?

From what I can make out, you are growing outdoor. And want to keep your clones in veg longer? And that they are already starting to flower?

If this is the case, yes. You vlcan prevent them from flowering and even switch them back to veg just by having them under light for 18 - 24 hours a day.
If this is what you're doing, keep in mind you will need at least 2 months after you let it flower before it will be done. If you prolong it too long you run the risk of cold weather.

Providing as much info as you can when first asking the question really helps us understand what you are asking and saves time with follow up question. ☺

Hope that helps! Good luck!

Weed Monger

Weed Monger

Not sure what de-flower is, but plants keep making buds as long as you keep the photoperiod at 12 hours or less. There are always exceptions, but this is a good general rule of thumb. If they get much more than 12-13 hours of light, they could stop flowering and begin to grow normally again, known as vegetative growth. Auto strains are totally different and it doesn't really matter how much light they get.

Weed Monger

Weed Monger

Hey thanks for replying guys... I been at it for 5 years now and know I still have much to learn. I was given these 2 clones (Dante Inferno & Skywalker) bone dry still in cubes. I tried to keep them in veg but they began to flower so I just stuck them outside So basically with about 3 weeks to harvest I should be okay then. Thanks for the info.
I just joined here so I am kinda getting acquainted with THCF, seems like a really great place for the like-minded to gather and share knowledge. Is there a way to add members to a friends list?

Top Bottom