Cloning advice

• Thread starter JayMan9
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JayMan9

JayMan9

Hello everyone,

I am attempting to clone a couple of each of my plants. I'm curious of how the acidify my water? What methods have you all used? How important is it for rooting to have an acidic PH?

WhiteBoyWill

WhiteBoyWill

You have to start with healthy plants for best results but sometimes you'll get lucky trying to save an unhealthy plant. You will need some kind of cloning hormone(powder or gel). I like to cut off a whole lower branch, cut it down to what i think is an acceptable size clone and add rooting hormone and stick into a styrofoam cup filled with coco. I feel like bigger the branch the easier time i have getting clones to root. Then I put them in a humidity dome sprayed with 100-150ppm nutes General Hydroponic 3 part liquid nutes. Repeat spraying till rooted while slowly opening vents on the humidity dome each day till rooted.

H

hansenmv

You have to start with healthy plants for best results but sometimes you'll get lucky trying to save an unhealthy plant. You will need some kind of cloning hormone(powder or gel). I like to cut off a whole lower branch, cut it down to what i think is an acceptable size clone and add rooting hormone and stick into a styrofoam cup filled with coco. I feel like bigger the branch the easier time i have getting clones to root. Then I put them in a humidity dome sprayed with 100-150ppm nutes General Hydroponic 3 part liquid nutes. Repeat spraying till rooted while slowly opening vents on the humidity dome each day till rooted.
bigger the branch .... meaning roots can form along the buried part -- i just always thought from the cut only

JayMan9

JayMan9

Happy to say that I was successful 8 out of 9 clippings.

Thanks for the advice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom