• Tagged users None

Has any one tried this?

• Yes, it works I saw explosive growth!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
ahemait

ahemait

Root grafting is a thing.

They have discovered in various orchards that the trees will all(mostly all?) end up grafting their roots together into an enormous network. This can be good but also potentially risky as some types of pathogens can also use the network to spread themselves throughout the orchard.

As to if it's possible with cannabis I doubt there's been much/any study done. It seems entirely possible, if not likely, that it could occur. If memory serves the roots would need to be alive, I'm not certain how long they would survive after the main plant was removed, but if both plants are alive it, again, seems possible

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

I've heard of people grafting weed plants onto old grape vines outdoors to get massive yields as grap vine roots are excellent at up taking nutes, has anyone tried or heard of this?

paradoxlsot

paradoxlsot

i've never done it, but you can definitely graft a clone into a root stock of a freshly cut mature plant. It actually will create a hybrid phenotype as there is plant stem cell exchange that occurs. You can do this of any related plant species, the more closely related the easier it is. I've heard of/seen pictures of weed grafted onto hops roots before, but never in real life so idk. You can also graft two clones together by twisting to seedlings together so when they grow the stems will rub against each other, and eventually just growing together. This happens in nature as well.

Top Bottom