cloning from feminized seeds

• Thread starter sparkit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sparkit

from a feminized seed mother plant, if i take clones, is there a chance of my clone turning hermie? is there any problems that may come about when cloning from a feminized plant?

R

rounders02

there should be no problem i have done it with no herm issues,but i ya had problems with it herming from seed then ya might have the same with the clone most likey...i am sure others will chime in a get some more sound advice.

P

pcduck

All feminized seeds carry the hermie trait. A wise choice for a donor, should help in negating this trait

SmokinDogCujo

SmokinDogCujo

Premium Member
Supporter
Yep, like Rounders I've grown out clones from feminized plants with no issues.

If you've never flowered the mother before I would flower out a cut or two first before dedicating an entire grow just to make sure that particular plant has no hermie issues.

Grow Safe

SDC

A

Alekiboy

All feminized seeds carry the hermie trait. A wise choice for a donor, should help in negating this trait

Are you absolutely sure of this?
If you chemically induce a male flower from female stock, how would that carry on in the genetics???

K

kansasgrown

Are you absolutely sure of this?
If you chemically induce a male flower from female stock, how would that carry on in the genetics???

Some breeders chemically change the sex of their plants without prior light stressing them for possible hermie traits. I would flower out a few cuts and then make an informed decision based on the outcome.

S

sparkit

nice. i have some x18 pure paki and some kandy kush. i will flip them over in a couple of weeks or when i can take a few cuts from each. thankx for the info. i will keep this thread going with some pictures in a few days.

Top Bottom