Cloning Her

• Thread starter Redorchid83
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Redorchid83

Redorchid83

i am getting some mixed info when it comes to cloning my female.

When do you begin the cloning process?
Where do I cut?
Do I need the special “dipping” solution to successfully clone this plant?

Any insight would be helpful to me!!

Cloning her
Cloning her 2
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
She’s flowering. You need to clone before you flower a plant. Once it’s in flowering you’ll stress the plant and most likely the clones will struggle to root. I’ve never had much success once a plant has gone into flowering.

You could try reveging that plant once it’s finished but again I’ve never had much luck in doing that. The last time I tried it dried up and died. Good luck either way.

Redorchid83

Redorchid83

After this harvest I will be purchasing seeds so I do not have to mess with Hermies or unwanted males.

What is the best to buy? I was going to go for an auto-flowering strain.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
If you want to clone and keep the genetics I don’t think auto flowering is the way to go. I’ve never grown those out so I can’t say for sure. Someone else with experience with ruderelis might be able to chime in.

Imo you want regular seeds. Not feminized or auto flowering. This way you have the cleanest genetics available. Of course if you don’t have a choice then feminized is ok.

When you do grow out your seeds be sure to take clones before putting them into flowering (12/12) and make sure you mark them so you know exactly which are which. Once you flower them out then you can cull the ones you don’t want and keep just the good ones for more cloning and growing.

I’ve had strains in my garden for many years. Just clone, grow, take more clones and flower. Rinse and repeat.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
That’s what I suspected. Thanks for clarification!

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Its not that they cant be cloned.. Its because they are not responsive to photoperiods. The clone is truly as old as the donor and the donor is on its own schedule. You cant bring autos back to veg.
I heard claims from people that you can truely clone an auto and it will veg as it was grown from a seed. If the veg for mother was a month the clone would veg for a month after rooting too. But they were talking about a very tiny time window to take it etc etc. I personally wasn’t able to clone an auto, not even get it to root :) i am a bad cloner but even if it was possible to do it like this i think it’s too much hassle to clone every 15-20 days or so to keep an auto genetic going.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I heard claims from people that you can truely clone an auto and it will veg as it was grown from a seed. If the veg for mother was a month the clone would veg for a month after rooting too. But they were talking about a very tiny time window to take it etc etc. I personally wasn’t able to clone an auto, not even get it to root :) i am a bad cloner but even if it was possible to do it like this i think it’s too much hassle to clone every 15-20 days or so to keep an auto genetic going.
Interesting considering its on an automatic time table hahaha

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Yeah it seems improbable to me to too, but even if it possible why the hassle..
In theory if you could get into a rhythm you could run a plant for pot and clone one for seeds i guess. Getting that perfect cut time and clone time down would be almost impossible. You would also need 2 completely separate grows for this little science project.

Latest posts

Top Bottom