Cloning in flower vs. veg.

• Thread starter Tony69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tony69

Tony69

I've heard so many conflicting thoughts on when to clone. What are the pros and cons of cloning in flowering stage? Take the clones during the stretch?

Thanks.

D

dank_

You should be able to take a cutting from cannabis any time forthemostpart. Although, I'd personally never plan on taking cuts beyond 2 weeks into flower.
In my little experience with flowering clones - they root fine, but take a good amount of time switching back into veg to grow.

Rushoe

Rushoe

I hate taking clones in flower at any stage even two days in I don't like to do it and I avoid it at all cost. It's a real bitch to get them to revegg takes about two month for normal growth to start for me at east take my word for it please and save ur self some time and headache good luck.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
You will actually get roots much faster and healthier little ones all around if you take cuts during the first two weeks of flower...growth hormones are at their highest during this time......week three is about the max though beyound that there is a little reveg hickup in the process

Tex

Rushoe

Rushoe

You will actually get roots much faster and healthier little ones all around if you take cuts during the first two weeks of flower...growth hormones are at their highest during this time......week three is about the max though beyound that there is a little reveg hickup in the process

Tex

Yeah ur right I did notice that they did root a bit faster the few times I have done it but its just a pain in the ass to have them throwing the 3 blades leafs they just don't look right to me lol...So I just try to stick taking them off vegging plants its saves me the headache I have had just one time a Chemdog D cut that rooted in 5 days in some rapid rooters from a none revegger .....I kinda feel that one should take cuts off the revegged mother once normal growths is well set and use those clone and dispose of the revegged mother I know some ppl have success doing it like that but it just never worked out for me maybe cuz I use lucas??

Tony69

Tony69

Thanks guys, I started to worry since no one replied and I already put my girls into 12/12. I remember reading about the clones rooting faster once they are put into flowering however I couldn't find the information again. Thanks Texas Kid, I'll sleep better tonight since my girls are only 4 days into the flower stage.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty

Tex

Yeah, they root fast but depending on the variety they can have massive hiccups getting back to vegetive growth and tend to not be as vigorous which has many downsides depending on factors too...
But I've had some you could clone two weeks into flower and they would be fine and some that if you did that you would be waiting forever to get that plant back in the Zone! fwiw

Latest posts

Top Bottom