Cloning in jiffy pellets help

• Thread starter 2Bad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
2Bad

2Bad

Was going to do jiffy pellets because it’s simple. My question is how moist do we want it the pellet to be when rooting a clone?

also if I went the aerocloning route I usually see long roots is it fragile or can I just shove it down the mediums throat?

Jakecan

Jakecan

I like to let them soak until the fully expand and then give them a gentle squeeze as sometimes they retain more water than I'd like.

2Bad

2Bad

@Jakecan @Ponky what im asking is do we give them a dry cycle ? Or keep it wet?

Ponky

Ponky

@Jakecan @Ponky what im asking is do we give them a dry cycle ? Or keep it wet?
The jiffy pucks you soak. Shake out and keep damp. The rapid rooters I have done in a 2" net pot with the bottom of the net pot touching the water. Rapid rooters are to be kept moist at all times while you're making roots. Once you see roots transfer to your medium.

Ponky

Ponky

I used this and rapid rooters. Made some mothers.
20210823 170610

2Bad

2Bad

Ok it’s between aerocloning or jiffy pellets I’m going to think it over this week. So @Ponky im guessing making a mother out of a clone is a bad idea? It’s my first grow so I didn’t know u were supposed to clone then grow out and keep the mothers stable.

Ponky

Ponky

Ok it’s between aerocloning or jiffy pellets I’m going to think it over this week. So @Ponky im guessing making a mother out of a clone is a bad idea? It’s my first grow so I didn’t know u were supposed to clone then grow out and keep the mothers stable.
Mothers from clones are pretty standard. Purple Kush didn't break down for over 7 years. If you clone from good stock you tend to have less issues. If you're blessed with good seeds. Yeah. Keep the mothers going. I keep a mother for around a year. Then replace. Sometimes only 6 months. When I make clones I like at least a 5:1 reject to keep ratio. So only the best clones ever get to grow up. And when I veg I have spares that will either go in or be mothers. And slow growth or weird leaves. Or issues whatsoever and I get rid of it.

Currently I'm hunting for a stable and consistent indica with a sweet berry and citrus taste. That grows medium sized buds. With a greater than 23% THC level and a strong terpene profile. So in 4 months I'll know if I have succeeded. If not. I will buy some clones that are known good. Like Rockstar. Pink Kush, Hindu Kush, Bubba Kush or maybe something else if they have samples of the smoke. Do a few pounds. And try again with new seeds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom