Cloning problems

• Thread starter kamdavs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kamdavs

Hi, I have been experiencing some cloning problems and would appreciate any advice. I've had some clones die off and am wondering what the problem is. Can it be that I am using too much cloning gel and it is stripping the stems way too much? I've attached some pictures.

I've noticed the clones that have a harder stem have not rotted like these that had the soft stem. The stems turn out squishy and looked liked they've been stripped

Info:
Cloning in Rockwool
Presoak the rockwool to 5.6 ph and using roots accelarator with RO water
using Rootech cloning solution
Temps: 75 degrees

Cloning problems
Cloning problems 2
Cloning problems 3
Cloning problems 4
Builtaforest

Builtaforest

are you using a dome?

if you are, it needs more fresh air.

it's not "stripping" its rotting. your environment has bacteria in it (cleanliness, high humidity, low air exchange)

make sure your scissors/razor is clean.

remember to squeeze the cubes 1/3-1/2 way. rw cant be too soggy and its a fiend for bacteria.

no significance between woodier or softer stems. they most likely all are affected. im sure the woodier ones are no close to rooting either.

K

kamdavs

I am using a dome. I will start introducing more fresh air. How many times a day should I open up the domes?

I clean the scissors with rubbing alcohol before each session.

I will try squeezing out the rockwool cubes. I have never squeezed them out before.

hiboy

hiboy

Dont use RO water.
thats a no no.
Buy a humidifier and get it up to 50%
Ppm should be under or around 300.
A couple drops of bloom a and b is good, along with your excellurator.
ur ph is good.
temps good.
No dome on the tray.
almost forgot, set ur tray on a dvr or buy a heat matt. A must
h

Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

A heat mat is useful. R/O water is fine as long as you buffer it a bit with cal-mag beforehand, which is what I do personally. The salts are very high in unfiltered southern California water and therefore unsuitable for clones. Try making your cuttings under water to avoid air bubbles in the vascular system. Your photoś show irregular humidity, as one is overwet and the other had dried.

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
too cold.... 85* is best for clones .I pull all foliage and cut remaining tips while still on the plant then take the cut ....IME this cuts down on stress but your problem is temp. IME

also looks like your cutting to far from the node you should cut right at the node
and scrape the stem lightly at cut site

M

MerjMan

Do you smoke cigarettes? If so make sure you are not smoking while making cuttings and make sure your hands are clean and free of nicotine. Just an observation that your plant is starting to die at the part of the cutting where you would be holding it with your hands. Make sure you aren't squeezing it too tightly either!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Do you smoke cigarettes? If so make sure you are not smoking while making cuttings and make sure your hands are clean and free of nicotine. Just an observation that your plant is starting to die at the part of the cutting where you would be holding it with your hands. Make sure you aren't squeezing it too tightly either!
Last post was 7.5 yrs ago.

Top Bottom