Closet Door Replacement

• Thread starter bloads
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bloads

bloads

I'll be doing my flowering in my closet. In order to run my intake/exhaust tubes, I'm thinking that having a door just won't be feesible. I rent, so i don't want to cut giant holes in the door or drywall.

What do you guys suggest?

Best thing i can think of so far is a heavy blanket, i'm just trying to figure out how to make the edges flush so no light seeps through. I'm definitely not set on this blanket idea though, so go ahead and throw anything out there.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

This is what I do. Use a small piece of plywood at the top on each side. This will require some screw holes in the door jamb. I use a zipper door on the inside and a velcro on plastic tarp for the outside. Also a flap vecro to the outside of the zipper. No light leaks and penetrations are made thru ply.
IMAG0582.jpg
IMAG0582.jpg
IMAG0581.jpg

SmokeyPipes

SmokeyPipes

Just remove the doors and put up some panda's foot,seal it off and cut out a door!!

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
Yes on the remove the doors suggestion.... take the door off, and start from there.... when you are done, just put the door back and fill any nail or screw holes.

bloads

bloads

This is what I do. Use a small piece of plywood at the top on each side. This will require some screw holes in the door jamb. I use a zipper door on the inside and a velcro on plastic tarp for the outside. Also a flap vecro to the outside of the zipper. No light leaks and penetrations are made thru ply.
IMAG0582.jpg
IMAG0582.jpg
IMAG0581.jpg

where did you get that zipper... is is just a stand-alone zipper that you just tape to your tarp?

genepool

genepool

I super frugal so I used a new black shower curtain that has some microbial protection according to the label it's seems to be doin the job but I would grab the thick black plastic if I had the coin. My local store wants insane about for that so I use what.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Grow stores sell them or order online. There about 10-15$ I think they are 7 ft long. I just cut mine at the bottom with scissors. U put up your tarp and then stick the zipper to the tarp and cut it with a razor as u unzip. I reinforce mine with duct tape and staple the top to the plywood. They last 1-2 harvest depending how clumsy I am goin in and out.

Top Bottom