Closet Grow setup Carbon filter please help

• Thread starter GDC5221
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GDC5221

GDC5221

I am curious, can I use a carbon filter without by venting my grow room out side? I can’t have an obvious air duct coming out my window. I’ve got a small 3 plant closet grow. If anybody has any ideas on what I can do it would be much appreciated

Ponky

Ponky

You can just vent the tent through the carbon filter into the room. And just have the window open. Won't look weird. I just use and A/C window kit and plug a fan right to it. Seems like an AC.

growsince79

growsince79

I am curious, can I use a carbon filter without by venting my grow room out side? I can’t have an obvious air duct coming out my window. I’ve got a small 3 plant closet grow. If anybody has any ideas on what I can do it would be much appreciated
I'm guessing cutting a hole in the wall or attic isn't a option...

GDC5221

GDC5221

Unfortunately no it isn’t. It isn’t that big of a deal I’m not too worried about the smell or the plants health. I was just curious if there was any other options for smell as I can’t do it properly.

GDC5221

GDC5221

I’m just about to start flowering my two god bud plants so I just thought ide see before doing so

Ponky

Ponky

Oh simple. Put heavy curtains behind the blinds that hang low. And just have the window open and the exhaust hose just below and out of site. It will keep most of the smell moving outside. Look normal enough.

m4s73r

m4s73r

Just be sure if your venting outside that you have a air inlet in that window or you will just suck the heat/ac out your house and watch your utility bill shoot through the roof. Dont vent outside, just vent into the room. Your not running some high heat hps system are you?

GDC5221

GDC5221

No I am not. I’ve got two Mars Hydro Grow lights. I’ve just been told it’s good to vent outside to give plants extra oxygen and keep the small down. I haven’t had any problems with plant health or smell quite yet but I just want to make sure I’m doing everything as right as I can. Thanks for the help, these forums are awesome, if you have anymore suggestions would be appreciated

m4s73r

m4s73r

No I am not. I’ve got two Mars Hydro Grow lights. I’ve just been told it’s good to vent outside to give plants extra oxygen and keep the small down. I haven’t had any problems with plant health or smell quite yet but I just want to make sure I’m doing everything as right as I can. Thanks for the help, these forums are awesome, if you have anymore suggestions would be appreciated
As long as you have a carbon scrubber inside the tent/room your growing in with a passive intake, you shouldnt have any issues. When it come to scrubbers you want to make sure your humidity stays under 70. Scrubbers are not as effective over that RH. Normally not a big deal, as we like RH to be in the 50s when were in flower.

Top Bottom