Cmh Trees!

• Thread starter DrPhillippe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DrPhillippe

DrPhillippe

Wow! ...you sir have put this into perspective can you imagine a trellis in a 4x4 per light?
I'v tried something similar to this a few years back. I actually built mini cages around them. Now these days I use small hooks that I screw into the joists and then I tie mason line to the hooks to help support these monster king kong colas! I also use those 7ft green stakes from Home Depot & pound in them into the perimeter around the plant. I'm able to yield 15ozs-32ozs per plant like this depending upon the strain. I always try to tie down the tops & keep them away from the bulbs or else they would end up like crispy critters!

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Yup, can' go wrong with cmh. Getting 1# per 315 cmh is very attainable. If your a competent grower and have good genetics

gwheels

gwheels

I had my personal best 4 x 4 grow ever with a 315 CMH vertical phillips 3k bulb. I almost adjusted things and i thought well how good can i make that light work. I think I will stick to 315 CMH and timber for small tents forever.

Bigjuice

Bigjuice

Yeah Ive got afew 315 cmh lights but I didn't think they could do tall plants like this I prefer growing big tall plants like this I also think the 3k bulb are best as the 4k don' heat the room up enough in my area I started a hybrid system Solis tek hps/cmh Now as the hps do get more weight

C

CoxyOfTheUK

Can I ask how long you vegged for.
I vegged mine under a 4k maxibright bulb but are no where near as tall or dense as yours and your node spacing is much tighter than mine? When I switched to flower I started using a 3k lumii solar along side the 4k bulb.
Ibe added some photos so u can compare, yours are like twice as big and 5x denser haha ( I know I've still got a couple of weeks to go buttttt I want yours)

IMG 20180405 WA0014
IMG 20180405 WA0016
IMG 20180405 WA0006
IMG 20180328 WA0006
IMG 20180328 WA0008
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

@CoxyOfTheUK
If your asking me, genetics play a key role, then environment. I have killer strains I run, hence my $ tag on them.

I also keep my hoods close for better light. Philip's bulbs only, testing was done, and Philip's beat everyone hands down. With the 3xception of a ushio 4k bulb that produces 1.2iu more UV than the Philip's bulb.

I also use a net, vs stakes. Cmh can't penetrate like 600s do. Reason a net is key

C

CoxyOfTheUK

@CoxyOfTheUK
If your asking me, genetics play a key role, then environment. I have killer strains I run, hence my $ tag on them.

I also keep my hoods close for better light. Philip's bulbs only, testing was done, and Philip's beat everyone hands down. With the 3xception of a ushio 4k bulb that produces 1.2iu more UV than the Philip's bulb.

I also use a net, vs stakes. Cmh can't penetrate like 600s do. Reason a net is key

Thanks bro, and yeh sorry new to site haha
Do you not get light burn having the lights too close? Would it be a good idea too move lights closer during flower or is it too late?

Also do you hand feed or hydro/Dwc?

Thanks for your help

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I use larger hoods, so I can keep them.closer w/o issues.

I've never had bleaching on almost 2 yrs of making the jump.

C

CoxyOfTheUK

What hoods do you use?
I don' think I can change mine because the ballasts are attached to them or is there a way you can take the ballasts off?

I'm gonna move lights a little close tonight and see what happens, fingers crossed I don't mess them up ☺

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Big kahuna hoods
I own 7, but only use 6. 4x flower, 2x veg as needed.

Top Bottom