Cmh Vs Led O

• Thread starter FrenchOG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Cmh vs led, vote and reply with the reasons why!

• LED

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • CMH (LEC)

Votes: 25 69.4%

• Total voters
H

heisen

Sorry but after reading through your posts its hard to believe you wont favor the cmh because you already are lol,none of the people you are debating with has stated anything but their experience and opinion,you as well,it has been established both led and cmh are very good choices,lets leave it at that and all keep doing what were doing,growing great bud.
You obviously don' know me very well.i will be the first to say hands down if the led performs better.i want it to.why would I not want to be able to get better performance with less power consumption.that would be like hiring a pro basketball mvp player and putting him on the bench.
I have no pride nor dog in the fight.i want what' is better for my plants.if LED wins I'll be proud to show the results.
Anyone have any links or suggestions on getting started.looking to cover a 3x4 space.600 watts

K

kansabis

You obviously don' know me very well.i will be the first to say hands down if the led performs better.i want it to.why would I not want to be able to get better performance with less power consumption.that would be like hiring a pro basketball mvp player and putting him on the bench.
I have no pride nor dog in the fight.i want what' is better for my plants.if LED wins I'll be proud to show the results.
Anyone have any links or suggestions on getting started.looking to cover a 3x4 space.600 watts
No I don't know you at all which is why I said I was going off your posts,which were pretty bias towards cmh over led,which is understandable as you have experience with cmh and not led,I have no experience with cmh and little with led plus my setup is way smaller than most. My rec would be to drop a stack on the hlg 550 or build a cob setup since most kits are 4x4, so id say for your 3x4 just try to power them to as close to same wattage as your cmh.

K

kansabis

Just so you get an idea of my setup,I'm wanting to get the hlg65 which is the next to smallest light they do,only problem is that its sold out.

K

kansabis

And I currently only run 2 vero29s pulling 100w total,if I had a bit more headspace and actually space at all I would love to get a cmh to try out,only thing I'm skeptical of with them is the UV and frequencies.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

And I currently only run 2 vero29s pulling 100w total,if I had a bit more headspace and actually space at all I would love to get a cmh to try out,only thing I'm skeptical of with them is the UV and frequencies.

I replace my panda floor every 10 weeks due to the uva/uvb that the Philips t9 942 put out. Also I need an extra 9" (est) of canopy due to radiation burn this past run, and lower nutes on 1 strain.

K

kansabis

I replace my panda floor every 10 weeks due to the uva/uvb that the Philips t9 942 put out. Also I need an extra 9" (est) of canopy due to radiation burn this past run, and lower nutes on 1 strain.
I also think that is a big reason why the penetration suffers.

K

kansabis

So, why you don't wanna buy this models on amazon? Expencive? Or bigger then you expect?
Couple reasons,don't have the money,space or need for that big of light,which is why I want the hlg65,it is just what i need for veg.

FrenchOG

FrenchOG

So I really think using a HPS or CMH + 4 COBs in each corner will be right for me. I found 4 solo crees on timber growing. Fairly cheap and seems perfect, but I'm not sure of how I would set them up. Ideas anyone? How to hang them one by one? Where to put driver?

Link to the crees :

Last edited:
sixstring

sixstring

Good looking out six!
This place here,good luck
Screenshot 20171227 222231

sixstring

sixstring

Anything you recommend equilivilent to 2 315s in a 3x4? Cost is not an issue
3 x 4 should not need more than 400w of cob led.i believe timber has a nice 400 on sale right now,uses Vero cobs,4 of them I think
Plc 6 would crush it in a 4x4 as would the hlg 550.both of those would need a bit of dimming in a 3x4. My favorite setup is 530w of cree cobs over a 4.5 x 6.its basically 15 cobs @ 35w each,very efficient and very even coverage from corner to corner

FrenchOG

FrenchOG

Why would you want Cree instead of Citizen? Just saw the 2 exact same 200w 4 cob diy kits. Cree for $400 citizen for 300. Better trusted brand or better stats?

bicky studs

bicky studs

Why would you want Cree instead of Citizen? Just saw the 2 exact same 200w 4 cob diy kits. Cree for $400 citizen for 300. Better trusted brand or better stats?

the cree have more output, are more efficient...especially run at low wattage, the spectrum is also better wth the cree.....
i WAS looking into shitzens too. quickly changed my mind:badboy: do it once do it right.
if you want cheaper look at the veros.
only my opinion/experience every1 to thier own:D

Top Bottom