CNBC to Cover The Marijuana Conference, October 25 & 26 in New York

• Thread starter Cali smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cali smoke

Cali smoke

CNBC to Cover The Marijuana Conference, October 25 & 26 in New York

DealFlow Media is hosting The Marijuana Conference on October 25 & 26 in New York City. This is the first professional event which addresses the business and investment opportunities in the growing, distribution, and sale of medical marijuana. Estimates on the size of the market vary, but experts believe a reasonable range of the U.S. market is between $35 billion to $45 billion, with some estimates as high as $120 billion.

CNBC and other media outlets will be at the event covering it for upcoming documentaries about the industry.

CNBC Anchor Trish Regan has been added to the agenda as the moderator for the panel discussion “Entrepreneurial Vision: The Business of Marijuana.” Trish Regan is the reporter of the Emmy nominated CNBC documentary "Marijuana Inc: Inside America's Pot Industry" and its sequel, "Marijuana USA," premiering on December 8, 2010. She is also the author of the upcoming book, Joint Ventures: Inside America's Almost Legal Marijuana Industry, in bookstores on April 20, 2011.

"Marijuana is the most profitable drug in the world. Given the vast amounts of money at stake, it's no wonder the marijuana trade is becoming a remarkably sophisticated industry. In my reporting on this subject, I've been amazed at the traction marijuana has gained in the last two years. It's clear that this recent marijuana boom is just the beginning," said CNBC’s Trish Regan.

DealFlow Media has assembled a distinguished group of experts offering in-depth analysis of the issues that are important to those working in the industry. Some of the featured speakers include:

Lester Grinspoon, MD, Harvard Medical School
Stephen D'Angelo, Harborside Health Center
Trish Regan, CNBC Anchor
Senator Joshua Miller (D), Rhode Island State Senate
Senator Jean Kohl-Welles (D), Washington State Senate
Jeffrey A. Miron, Department of Economics, Harvard University
Joel W. Hay, PhD, University of Southern California
David E. Smith MD, Chair, Addiction Medicine, Newport Academy
In addition to providing a comprehensive educational experience, the conference offers networking opportunities with investors, advisors, dispensary owners, attorneys, and industry experts. Visit www.themarijuanaconference.com for information.

About DealFlow Media, Inc.

DealFlow Media has distinguished itself as a provider of independent research and analysis of alternative asset markets. Visit www.dealflow.com for information.

old.Ford

old.Ford

Oh Yeah!..Go on with it in the U.S.A.! The business of doing business is what we're about. In the early Seventies, I recall reading some press on the copy rights that all the tobacco companies were applying for so that "when" grass became legal they would have a leg up on the marketing and merchandising. It seems it was The Stone, but I think it was a little more fringe than that. Maybe the Berkeley Free press or the Village Voice , or maybe even Harry the local Balto underground rag.They had packages with American Indians on em' and bowls and all kinds of stuff. Well my friends it is coming true and the man, you know..."BOBO" is going to do whatever is necessary to make it into something that any self respecting citizen won't want to be a part of. So, keep your eyes open wide...when big business hears the word BILLION things start to happen. Remember Air America and the Iran Contra incident....just business as usual.

J

joerose

I will be attending this, hoping that I can get some Continuing Legal Education credits out of an interesting subject....if anyone else is going to attend please let me know so we can meet and greet.

Thanks,

Joe

J

jvilla

Walk-in Registration will be $595 at the door. making that money

hubcap

hubcap

rediculous.

can already see the GOOD act of decriminalization getting turned into the BAD act of greed and exploitation.

jus another reason to grow your own.

but, im glad its not such a taboo subject as it was a mere 5-10 years ago.

with the good, comes the bad. this IS a capitalist nation, afterall.

wont be legalized if the powers that be cant profit from it, right?

-cap

LeroyBrown

LeroyBrown

My company was represented at the conference woo hoo !!!

J

joerose

Well not knowing which company they were, I can only say that it was a very exciting program and I learned a heck of a lot about a heck of a lot...

F

FindInnerPeace

fuck these guys and those punk newyorkers they will fuck everything up

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl

rediculous.

can already see the GOOD act of decriminalization getting turned into the BAD act of greed and exploitation.

jus another reason to grow your own.

but, im glad its not such a taboo subject as it was a mere 5-10 years ago.

with the good, comes the bad. this IS a capitalist nation, afterall.

wont be legalized if the powers that be cant profit from it, right?

-cap
So, all those speakers are going to speak for free? Stay in their hotels for free? Eat for free? How about where the conference is being held, they're donating the space for free, right?

How does much of anything get done for free, exactly?

For a full weekend conference that <$600 ain't all that bad. Ain't great, but they've got a PhD speaking as well as active Senators. My husband just attended a business conference in Bakersfield, that was $1500 a pop, for one day. And it was in BAKERSFIELD!
:dull
Well not knowing which company they were, I can only say that it was a very exciting program and I learned a heck of a lot about a heck of a lot...
Can you discuss the topics, what was discussed, etc?

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Not too many people will "work" free these days. Shame that money has to be such a deciding factor this day in age.

D

DR. know

i missed that in the newws, which leads me to believe an unfavorable light (or none at all) may have been shed there

J

joerose

There were panels on what's going on in Colorado; Dr Grinspoon spoke; Ed R. was in attendance, hydrostore owners, head of the Haight Ashbury Free Clinic spoke, folks trying to cash in on the mmj/decrim aspects of the plant; people from all over the country were there, actually very few NYers represented...various lobbyists, etc. At least I enjoyed it...and met some interesting folks

Top Bottom