CNS-17 veg food duplicate(copy of their 3-1-2 with improvements)

• Thread starter dankworth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I just bought some blood and bone meal, epsom salt and garden lime (thats all I could get at Lowes or Walmart). I was thinking about going coco but now I think I wanna go 100% organic soil and make my own. I'll check out that website EC, thanx.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

I'm a recently enlightened chow-devotee, and have also started using top-dress with nice organics on advice from your friends in this thread. (Don't think you'd want the lime in this case though.) Tea with micros added goes nicely with this method too, but everybody else prob said that.

You could also just mix in some hydroton in with your supersoil? Definitly need some coco in their to make the roots fuzz-out. I was headed toward a blended super-chow but the top dressing leaves more options (removing/changing it, as DW so kindly pointed out).

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I'm a recently enlightened chow-devotee, and have also started using top-dress with nice organics on advice from your friends in this thread. (Don't think you'd want the lime in this case though.) Tea with micros added goes nicely with this method too, but everybody else prob said that.

You could also just mix in some hydroton in with your supersoil? Definitly need some coco in their to make the roots fuzz-out. I was headed toward a blended super-chow but the top dressing leaves more options (removing/changing it, as DW so kindly pointed out).

Yeah, this is just a trial run, I'm gonna add new ferts and subtract old ones, add other media i.e., coco, perlite, vermiculite, peat moss, all in different ratios to find out what works best for my plants indoor and outdoor. I wanna eventually go 100% organic and never use any chems again. After I figure out a great media for my outdoor (which my take a few years) I wanna start making my own compost. For example, bananas have alot of potassium, so if you put alot of banana peels in a mixture of compost it'll add alot of potassium (K) to the soil. Thats just one example and there is way to much for me to explain here but I know most of ya'll understand what I'm talking about. Thanx EC for the info!!

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Yup, bananalation, already onto it, we should start a cult. Organic only though cause the other ones get sprayed with nasty shit, or scrape the insides and brew in tea (no cliff-jumping please). Way more than just potassium too!

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Organic all the way!!! Lets make our own blood meal by killing animals and sucking out there blood as fertilizer...LMAO...I'm just joking, I hope nobody took that offensively ;)

Seriously though, I really wanna try to "perfect" my own organic "supersoil" to grow my trees outdoors. Indoors I wanna try more of a hydro setup using coco, but I still wanna end up using all organics indoors with coco as well.

Yo El C, you wanna start a banana cult PM me...:D LMAO

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

Dankworth, props to you. The green spine is fascinating. I started off copying Fatman's nute profiles. Nowadays I aim for 5 ppm of iron (0.5) at an EC of 2.0. I'd think that only 5 ppm at an EC of 3.0 might introduce some chemical interactions (with P, K and Cu). The feedback I've gotten from other growers, is stanky and super potent. I can't say for sure it's just the iron, as all my micros are much higher than hobby nutes. I still haven't gotten solid, repeatable input to tailor my nute profile.

dankworth

dankworth

Dankworth, props to you. The green spine is fascinating. I started off copying Fatman's nute profiles. Nowadays I aim for 5 ppm of iron (0.5) at an EC of 2.0. I'd think that only 5 ppm at an EC of 3.0 might introduce some chemical interactions (with P, K and Cu). The feedback I've gotten from other growers, is stanky and super potent. I can't say for sure it's just the iron, as all my micros are much higher than hobby nutes. I still haven't gotten solid, repeatable input to tailor my nute profile.
I concur with your assessments regarding iron. I just fed 7 ppms iron at an ec of 4.0, I am inclined to bump it to 10 ppms next res.
I can state that I have every confidence and belief that iron does just what you said, makes shit stankier and more potent. I have not played with individual micro values, but the iron keeps popping up as a huge culprit in all this due to a variety of corroborating characteristics. I have a suspicion that boron is of great importance in all of this, but I cannot elaborate, that really is purely a hunch. I think it potentiates usage of at least 1 other element to make special shit happen for potency and production of particular terpene sets.
Cap in the other thread last night was kind enough to kick down info on a bigass research paper by real scientists. He also points out how on page 29(?) of this paper, it is stated that the Fe:Mn value should fall between 1.5 and 2.5, else there be toxicities related to Fe or Mn.
My current micro mix is lacking in Mn, does not support these ratios, must fix that as soon as I can to see what changes occur in morphology and scent.
I hear you on lack of test beds. I think I'll be fucking with my cultivar that gave me absolute grail performance over a year ago forever and ever. Or until I can dial it to be the equal of what it was then. Then I could get it and the formula for dialage out to people who could get the herb to folks with Crohn's. It healed like nothing has before or since.
Thanks for your input, you figured out the nute game before we did recently, it is cool to have the benefit of your experience. Good to see you around.
My body is consistently anemic due to iron absorption issues. It smells iron and tells me to go get some. When my res smells right, and my plants, my body will ring like a tuning fork like it did when my strain turned out so well.
I think at 10 ppms iron I should shoot for 5 ppms manganese, a 2:1 ratio to be smack dab in the middle of the recommended range.

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

I used to just split fatman's micros in half - mostly because some of the micro sulfates wouldn't dissolve entirely. I can't find my notes atm, but my iron is currently 5 ppm, manganese is 3.75 ppm, iirc boron is ~2.8, Zn is 1.9 (i forget Cu and Mo values). By your suggestion, my Mn should be 2-3.333 ppm. My boron is also relatively less than fatman's - maybe I should bump that up again. My iron has become relatively higher over time (from 5 ppm of 1200 ppm, to 5 of 1000).

My buddy says my formula needs more Ca. I tell him he's overfeeding, and you feed much higher :/ I pulled some Mg (thinking it was obstructing Ca), down from fatman's 2:1 Ca:Mg, and I'm waiting for feedback from another grower. I see you have a 4:1 Ca:Mg. Do you supplement with epsom in the last weeks?

Do you buy a custom pre-mixed micros? (from Marion Ag) or do you just buy the salts and mix them yourself? I would love to have chelated micro mix made to my profile.

I've seen adds for commercial ag for boron, and its importance for fruiting trees/shrubs. I also see that boron has an antagonism with manganese...search me what the ideal ratio is. I read a paper on hops that suggested a 2-1-3 ratio...I don't recall if it listed micros.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

A 2-1-3 ratio for hops...well it is biologically a close relative of cannabis...makes perfect sense.

deep buddy

deep buddy

so hows that 10ppm of Fe treating ya;);), fuckin score homie! did you go with the 2:1 fe:mn ratio? and yes i also think that boron is very important,imho. i think a "deep"er look into the micros will be "worth"while:)

GhostFace

GhostFace

i dont like this stuff..my bottle of PBP lasted so much longer then my same size bottle of CNS+ after running the veg/flow i think ill stick with the PBP + my CNS left critty stuff in the bottom of my Res lookd like white sand

sdgrower

sdgrower

Dank, all this iron talk has me thinking that I am going to sub A1 nutrients Master Blaster for MOAB. From what I can tell it is a similar formulation but has added iron rather than vitamin b1.

dankworth

dankworth

Dank, all this iron talk has me thinking that I am going to sub A1 nutrients Master Blaster for MOAB. From what I can tell it is a similar formulation but has added iron rather than vitamin b1.
Only if it has tria lol.
Leadsled's tria bud-
pg.jpg

MOAB bud-(looks like it may have been a little too warm for the plant, but just guessing)
2012-02-06-17-55-48-jpg.216742

Those "tufts" are a dead giveaway. There is lots of other reasons I could use to support this, but I get tired of repeating myself lol.
Hopefully the A1 product has tria. I personally will continue to use MOAB until I am able to make it myself.
I would keep the B1.
I would get some Jack's micros.

dankworth

dankworth

so hows that 10ppm of Fe treating ya;);), fuckin score homie! did you go with the 2:1 fe:mn ratio? and yes i also think that boron is very important,imho. i think a "deep"er look into the micros will be "worth"while:)
Dig the 10 ppms. Instant rx w/essential oil output, climbing up and out of the plant as the iron spread w/feeding.
Can't play w/fe:mn values yet, need a bag of Jack's micros.
Need to nerd out on boron soon.
5 Phds my ass.
Team Deep Dank?

dankworth

dankworth

I used to just split fatman's micros in half - mostly because some of the micro sulfates wouldn't dissolve entirely. I can't find my notes atm, but my iron is currently 5 ppm, manganese is 3.75 ppm, iirc boron is ~2.8, Zn is 1.9 (i forget Cu and Mo values). By your suggestion, my Mn should be 2-3.333 ppm. My boron is also relatively less than fatman's - maybe I should bump that up again. My iron has become relatively higher over time (from 5 ppm of 1200 ppm, to 5 of 1000).

My buddy says my formula needs more Ca. I tell him he's overfeeding, and you feed much higher :/ I pulled some Mg (thinking it was obstructing Ca), down from fatman's 2:1 Ca:Mg, and I'm waiting for feedback from another grower. I see you have a 4:1 Ca:Mg. Do you supplement with epsom in the last weeks?

Do you buy a custom pre-mixed micros? (from Marion Ag) or do you just buy the salts and mix them yourself? I would love to have chelated micro mix made to my profile.

I've seen adds for commercial ag for boron, and its importance for fruiting trees/shrubs. I also see that boron has an antagonism with manganese...search me what the ideal ratio is. I read a paper on hops that suggested a 2-1-3 ratio...I don't recall if it listed micros.
I bought pre-mixed micros, and paid too much.
For flower, I have a 2:1 Ca:Mg ratio.
I fed 2100 ppms after bumping up iron from 7 to 10 ppms(along with all the other micros in the mix) and they wanted me to go back down to 2000 ppms, so I did.
I like a 1:2.5 N:K ratio for flowering at this point for sure.
I like Ca equal to or slightly higher than N.
i dont like this stuff..my bottle of PBP lasted so much longer then my same size bottle of CNS+ after running the veg/flow i think ill stick with the PBP + my CNS left critty stuff in the bottom of my Res lookd like white sand
flocculation, you made gypsum.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Figured I'd post it here too.
I would like to declare intent to work with Deep Buddy.
Team Deep Buddy and Team Dankworth will be doing some good work together.
Pretty exciting stuff.

really , really exciting stuff. seriously this is a farm team! so you know what we have to offer is only going to be the best.

Dig the 10 ppms. Instant rx w/essential oil output, climbing up and out of the plant as the iron spread w/feeding.
Can't play w/fe:mn values yet, need a bag of Jack's micros.
Need to nerd out on boron soon.
5 Phds my ass.
Team Deep Dank?

You guys are the cool kids! Can I join your team, too? Huh? Huh? Can I? Can I?

K

kushtrees

All this micro nutrient talk has convinced me to go buy some more micros.

Dank worth u must have the craziest strain to feed at 4 EC I have never heard of anyone but you going that high

Thanks for all the info on the fe:mn ratios that's some great info

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

So how do you guys feel about the various fe forms? (sulfate, edta, dtpa, eddha, other chelates?)

Top Bottom