co2 advice

• Thread starter wambam123
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
wambam123

wambam123

looking at using co2 in my tent, ive got the cannister its one were you twist the top manually and it comes out,looking for info on when and how long to leave it on for. my tent size is 1.2x1.2x2m. thanks

D

doco

Here's a CO2 calculator:

Keep in mind its conditional on a sealed room - during lights-on/CO2 period no outside air should enter or leave the room in order to maintain the CO2 levels. You can vent the lights intake/exhaust to the outside and many window air conditioners recirculate the room air (using the outside air to cool the condenser) but the room will otherwise need to be sealed.

S

surfguy1936

and remeber u wanna give the plants co2 all the time because that is apart of the photosythensis process. just dont push it over 1600-2000ppm

R

Rolln J

I have found that with a lot of hybrids if you give high doses of co2 (1300-2000) past day 42-45 (depending on the strain) that you tend to get some foxtailing and the buds dont want to finish up...

anybody else observe this?

lollipopman

lollipopman

i always got fox tails just didn't think it was from my c02, thought it was my strain... guess ill find out with my new babies...

wambam123

wambam123

so from what i understand i can have the fan on my cool tube cooling the light but nothing else on in my tent. dont understand all that 2000ppm so if i let the co2 come out the cannister slowly how long do i have to do it for and how often and when before lights on or off

lollipopman

lollipopman

set your flow rate at .5 for 15 minutes every 2 hours start with when the lights come on and the last right before the lights go off... so it should come on 6 times between your 12/12 cycle thats it.. been doing this for 2 years now works great...

sgt. schultz

sgt. schultz

You need to go to Tractor Supply or Home Depot or such and get a flow meter then use Doco's co2 calculator. A solenoid you can plug into a timer would be good too.

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
I would highly suggest a co2 monitor set it and be done..You can pick up a solonoid and gage,with a controller from any hydro store. Way safer if the tent is in your house co2 can kill you and your pets.. Jack..

D

doco

Jacks right - I bought a Telaire (the one CAP uses without the LCD) off ebay for $100 including software for setting it up. Make a pigtail, plug your regulator into it and it will only release CO2 when its needed.

G

grizz

get a damn co2 controller if your going to use it. u still need your fans running inside your room , it just needs to be sealed, if not sealed u will use alot more co2, keep your temps around 80 to 85 for the best results with co2. some controllers have temp control on them to.

Latest posts

Top Bottom