CO2 and root temperature

• Thread starter vtinca
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

vtinca

I am supplementing with CO2 and utilizing aeroflo2 system. I keep daytime temperatures at 85 degrees, therefore the nutrient solution is about the same.

Should I cool the nutrient solution with a water cooler, or do both the roots and tops appreciate the higher temperature when supplementing with CO2?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
>>yes you need to keep your nutrient solution between 68-72 degrees brah<<<At 78 you will get pythium

IMO you are running a tad warm in the room even with CO2<<I keep my room at 72-78 deg with bare bulbs<<Bigger AC is needed if you cant cool it down enough

gtd

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I heard that keeping your nutrient solution in the high 70's is great for microbial life as long as you keep everything very clean. I read that somewhere on this site but I forgot what the thread was called.

B

Badmf

GTD is right get those temps down fast, and add some flora sheild or similar product. Insulate the rez to help control temps. You are picking up heat from your lites are they aircooled? get a fan to blow over the rez water to cool it. better to have it in a separate room but it isn't practical for every situation. Pythium will destroy the roots and kill the plants.you can run at nite to get lower ambient temps and freeze some nutes in a gatorade bottle place in the rez to lower temps, high temps don't allow oxygen to disolve in the nutes!!

dankworth

dankworth

Topdrip, dtw, use Cap's bennies, get your res temps to 72 if you can help it.
85 may be a little high for a daytime temp.

B

Badmf

Dank you are being way easy on temp,s his temp will get problems as you know higher temps restrict oxy intake w/o which roots die not to mention pythium which is a pita to clean out and start over.

dankworth

dankworth

I am topdripping dtw in chow w/a swc water layer underneath, aerated.
I am tolerating 72-75 degree feed temps for over a month now just fine.
If he recircs, it will not tolerate those temps and will likely rot.
My way of doing things does not promote rot.
Aero is kind of fucked. I would not advocate aero for anyone trying to bang out crops like clockwork.

I credit a lot of the disease resistance of my gig to the design, the rest to Cap's bennies.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Your lucky that way works for you dankworth>>running high temps<<<Im guessing your room is also running hot??<<
>>>nutrient solution temps need to be 68-72 deg<<

gtd

dankworth

dankworth

Your lucky that way works for you dankworth>>running high temps<<<Im guessing your room is also running hot??<<
>>>nutrient solution temps need to be 68-72 deg<<

gtd
Yeah, 78-80 room temps. Seeing what I can get away with so I can assemble a wider knowledge base. Got a bunch of wacky ideas that are turning out very well. Goal was reliability of topdrip dtw, with dwc performance characteristics, and the ability to run cool organic shit too. All good through day 29 so far. Get to use Cap's bennies, get to cheat and use guano tea.
I would not recommend anybody else to go above 72 unless they knew exactly what they were doing. And definitely not even 72 if recirc.

My hater buckets are straight up bulletproof.

Top Bottom