Co2 Controllers

• Thread starter 1satyr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

1satyr

So I finally got to the point where Co2 is no longer nice to know, but need to know.

I live in country thats gone mad in green energy, as of today we are 30% above the EU#2 in high electricity prices, but thats not enough, they want more stupid expensive seawindmills, so the average household will have to eat an increase of another USD 1500 pretax money a year in electricity pr family, fuck them.

Anyway the conclusion is that saving electricity is the new black, partly cause of the money, but also in order to avoid being extremely outstanding in my electricity use..that kind of draws attention when you are 3-4 times above average for the kind of home I live in.

I kind of figured I could save a lot going from ventilated to sealed room, I use 2 blowers eating 235 watt an hour which is the same as one more 400 watt lamp.

I have started a trial run without a Co2 monitor, I have one arriving in a week, but so far it has been fantastic even if I am using a LPG generator with only temp and humidity to guide me. Plants has exploded so I am full on now. I am impressed.

Question now is what controller to get, in Europe they are expensive like shit, but I want a 240 volt model so I cant buy a US model without having to set up relay and stuff to handle the inductive draw I get from the blowers and later maybe a waterheater thats controlled by water pressure, but its needs a lot of pressure I read so the controller needs to be able to handle reasonalbe amount of watts.

The first I checked was a Ecotechnics with Co2 probe that can be gotten for Euro 500, but then I need the extra for the enviromental controls, blowers and heaters so I end up in like 750 for something I dont know about what kind of quality it is.

I checked Alibaba and found 3 different but seemingly good controllers, and I figure all the stuff in the growshops come from the same place anyway, so quality is more or less the same, the use the same Co2 meter etc.

Question is, is anybody here familiar with any of below products, just with another name. Which one to select.

The cheap one here seems good but it can only handle 440 watts inductive load from the periphirals. Its enough for now, but I cant build on it, with that low a load
Anyone seen a rebrand of this one ? it cost 380 USD

I like these better they both handle 16 amps 3800 watts thats plenty but they are more expensive and the room is only 7.5x7.5 ft so maybe overkill

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/243833796/CO2_Compositive_Controller.html

and this one http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/218426556/F2000IAQ_CO2_5202S_5203S_CO2_COMPOSITIVE.html

These 2 cost around 630 USD

Any reason to spend the extra dole, and do you have alternatives for me. Do the cheap ones work ok ?

Also would it not be more efficient heatwhise to have a generator thats is not producing 15-25 pounds co2 an hour compared to one only delivering 1.5 pounds when you can fill the room with less than a pound. Ie. would it be better to have heat go up very much when turning up a 25 pound generator for 1.7 minute or to have a small one turned on for 17 minutes, which one fucks the least with my temps.

I am considering a camping heater on propane 15-25 pounds Co2 or a Hydro innovations miniGen producing only 1.5 pounds of Co2/hour. What the best and most easy to manage....I guess its easier to control smaller bursts than bgi ones, but I don't know

Anyone helpful and knowledgable LOL

Satyr

click80

click80

So I finally got to the point where Co2 is no longer nice to know, but need to know.

I live in country thats gone mad in green energy, as of today we are 30% above the EU#2 in high electricity prices, but thats not enough, they want more stupid expensive seawindmills, so the average household will have to eat an increase of another USD 1500 pretax money a year in electricity pr family, fuck them.

Anyway the conclusion is that saving electricity is the new black, partly cause of the money, but also in order to avoid being extremely outstanding in my electricity use..that kind of draws attention when you are 3-4 times above average for the kind of home I live in.

I kind of figured I could save a lot going from ventilated to sealed room, I use 2 blowers eating 235 watt an hour which is the same as one more 400 watt lamp.

I have started a trial run without a Co2 monitor, I have one arriving in a week, but so far it has been fantastic even if I am using a LPG generator with only temp and humidity to guide me. Plants has exploded so I am full on now. I am impressed.

Question now is what controller to get, in Europe they are expensive like shit, but I want a 240 volt model so I cant buy a US model without having to set up relay and stuff to handle the inductive draw I get from the blowers and later maybe a waterheater thats controlled by water pressure, but its needs a lot of pressure I read so the controller needs to be able to handle reasonalbe amount of watts.

The first I checked was a Ecotechnics with Co2 probe that can be gotten for Euro 500, but then I need the extra for the enviromental controls, blowers and heaters so I end up in like 750 for something I dont know about what kind of quality it is.

I checked Alibaba and found 3 different but seemingly good controllers, and I figure all the stuff in the growshops come from the same place anyway, so quality is more or less the same, the use the same Co2 meter etc.

Question is, is anybody here familiar with any of below products, just with another name. Which one to select.

The cheap one here seems good but it can only handle 440 watts inductive load from the periphirals. Its enough for now, but I cant build on it, with that low a load
Anyone seen a rebrand of this one ? it cost 380 USD

I like these better they both handle 16 amps 3800 watts thats plenty but they are more expensive and the room is only 7.5x7.5 ft so maybe overkill

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/243833796/CO2_Compositive_Controller.html

and this one http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/218426556/F2000IAQ_CO2_5202S_5203S_CO2_COMPOSITIVE.html

These 2 cost around 630 USD

Any reason to spend the extra dole, and do you have alternatives for me. Do the cheap ones work ok ?

Also would it not be more efficient heatwhise to have a generator thats is not producing 15-25 pounds co2 an hour compared to one only delivering 1.5 pounds when you can fill the room with less than a pound. Ie. would it be better to have heat go up very much when turning up a 25 pound generator for 1.7 minute or to have a small one turned on for 17 minutes, which one fucks the least with my temps.

I am considering a camping heater on propane 15-25 pounds Co2 or a Hydro innovations miniGen producing only 1.5 pounds of Co2/hour. What the best and most easy to manage....I guess its easier to control smaller bursts than bgi ones, but I don't know

Anyone helpful and knowledgable LOL

Satyr

go to http://www.co2meter.com/collections/carbon-dioxide/products/co2-level-controller

scroll down the page and they have two different co2 controllers...this company is the bomb, great service and I am sure the ship overseas if they dont already have a physical presence there now....one is 219 US the other is 419 US

sorry this one is the right one and has the two choices about halfway down page
http://www.co2meter.com/collections/carbon-dioxide

norcal215

norcal215

Garden of Dreams Seed Co
i use the basic one and love it cap ppm4 like 200 bones

M

MTgrower

I run two water cooled burners to generate my gas. In one room it is controlled by the Sentinel CTC-1. It works great, and I've never had a problem in over two years of use. I'm pretty sure they came out with a new model because my other flowering room has the CPPM-1. It too has performed flawlessly for over a year now. They warn that the new sensor readings can be inaccurate if you have the actual sensor in close proximity to digital ballasts. I have all 12x1000W Phantoms and 4X400W Phantoms and a Lumatek, and they have no effect on the unit. I keep the sensor about 10 feet from the closest ballast.

Sentinel makes some nice shit IMO. I've been unimpressed with my CAP products. The PPM-4 looks like an improvement over the P.O.S. PPM-3, but doesn't give exact readings. It just lets you know what range you are in.

Top Bottom