CO2 Enrichment- Bottled Versus Burner

• Thread starter 3 balls
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
3 balls

3 balls

We all know that certain climates, room size etc. make one or the other a no brainer. What I'm curious about is the potential advantage to the plants one might have over the other strictly in terms of benefit, not the heat or lack of heat produced. The reason I bring it up is I recently met a guy who is by all counts a legit and very successful grower and is adamant that the quality of CO2 from a bottle is absolutely superior as far as the plants are concerned. I have used both and never noticed anything. CO2 is CO2 seems like a logical conclusion but as I mentioned this guy is absolutely legit or I would write the notion off as just another guy talking out his ass.

How says the farm?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

The farm says: Tell him to give you the research that says so. I agree with you. Co2 is Co2.

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
1200 ppm of co2 is just that… 1200 ppm. I don’t see why it would matter how you reach those levels as long as they get there… I’m a new grower and use bottled co2 and have been doing pretty good. Here’s my 2 OG kush in my 3x3 under the Mars hydr FC-E3000.
3B1CE61C 4672 4444 8AFE 6D34D8C51893

Mugwort

Mugwort

1200 ppm of co2 is just that… 1200 ppm. I don’t see why it would matter how you reach those levels as long as they get there… I’m a new grower and use bottled co2 and have been doing pretty good. Here’s my 2 OG kush in my 3x3 under the Mars hydr FC-E3000. View attachment 1159611
1200 ppm of co2 is just that… 1200 ppm. I don’t see why it would matter how you reach those levels as long as they get there… I’m a new grower and use bottled co2 and have been doing pretty good. Here’s my 2 OG kush in my 3x3 under the Mars hydr FC-E3000. View attachment 1159611
Beautiful plants...

3 balls

3 balls

The farm says: Tell him to give you the research that says so. I agree with you. Co2 is Co2.
It was a friend of a friend that I may never run into again. I have no plans to switch from my burners, it's not ideal to run something that produces heat in the same room I have to cool with AC but the CO2 bottles are more hassle and more $ than propane to refill. I didn't get into reasoning with him as it seemed absolutely opinion based, I was just curious if anybody on here had heard such a thing. The only possible thing I come up with is if maybe the burners produce some trace byproduct along with the CO2 it generates.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

It was a friend of a friend that I may never run into again. I have no plans to switch from my burners, it's not ideal to run something that produces heat in the same room I have to cool with AC but the CO2 bottles are more hassle and more $ than propane to refill. I didn't get into reasoning with him as it seemed absolutely opinion based, I was just curious if anybody on here had heard such a thing. The only possible thing I come up with is if maybe the burners produce some trace byproduct along with the CO2 it generates.
It's possible. What are you burning to get the co2?

Latest posts

Top Bottom