Co2 Extraction

• Thread starter Vulcanglass
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

Vulcanglass

Hey guys. So after living here for a bit i finally started growing my own personal plants but i ran into a slight issue. I smoke mainly oil, and i smoke almost 100% CO2 oil for health reasons. I was wondering if anyone either did small batch co2 extraction or knew where to acquire a reasonably priced and reliable Co2 extractor. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

After living here for a bit you probably know that you can't 'open blast' and if you do your own extractions than you probably know that you have to have a closed-loop system, and I don't know if you can find one 'cheap', you'll probably get what you pay for, but i have seen them on craigslist. There are used grow equipement places that might also sell used gear, but I would use caution when buying sciencey stuff like this.

Dr.Boots

Dr.Boots

Hey guys. So after living here for a bit i finally started growing my own personal plants but i ran into a slight issue. I smoke mainly oil, and i smoke almost 100% CO2 oil for health reasons. I was wondering if anyone either did small batch co2 extraction or knew where to acquire a reasonably priced and reliable Co2 extractor. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

CO2 is not for home production; rigs are too costly. Why not consider a rosin press instead? Then you don't have to use any chemical process to make a product you can dab or mix with natural terpenes to vape.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

CO2 is not for home production; rigs are too costly. Why not consider a rosin press instead? Then you don't have to use any chemical process to make a product you can dab or mix with natural terpenes to vape.
Do bugs and pesticides come along for the ride in the rosin press, where bugs and some nasties might stay behind with CO2 extraction? (I'm not familiar with what insect parts or pesticides or other inputs are soluble in CO2 extraction)

I only mention this because the only interest I've seen from caregivers or cash croppers to make CO2 oil is because their herb has been infused with mites or disease.

Dr.Boots

Dr.Boots

Do bugs and pesticides come along for the ride in the rosin press, where bugs and some nasties might stay behind with CO2 extraction? (I'm not familiar with what insect parts or pesticides or other inputs are soluble in CO2 extraction)

I only mention this because the only interest I've seen from caregivers or cash croppers to make CO2 oil is because their herb has been infused with mites or disease.

Anything in the plant will be in the rosin you press from it.

My understanding with CO2 processing is that the process itself does not remove pesticide residues; someone with more direct experience could chime in here...

Some insect material will make it through pretty much any process if there are enough bugs, but I've never been able to detect such residues from regular use anyway, at least not in concentrate forms.

Paradigm

Paradigm

You would have to perform an extraction to remove the pesticides then you could perform a secondary extraction to pull the cannabinoids

Paradigm

Paradigm

What would be reasonable to you?

scubascrog

scubascrog

Ive seen people do it in a scuba tank filled with bud, vacuuum it in dry ice and isopropyl, warm up the co2 tank ( make sure its not super full for safety reasons) fill up the scuba tank. watch pressure hit its point where it wont go anymore, then close off. then take the canister out of the dry ice and iso and warm it up upside down and shoot the oil into a collection jar.

scubascrog

scubascrog

you want to make sure you have a big enough catcher to catch all the liquid co2 you put in there

Latest posts

Top Bottom