CO2 Oil Turning Reddish?

• Thread starter Jimster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Lately, the cartridges I have been getting arrive clear/yellowish, but within a day or two begin to turn reddish. I contacted the distributor and they said it was Oxidation, which makes sense, although I never saw something like this oxidize in a few days. I noticed that the cartridge is exposed to direct sunlight thru a window and wondering if the sunlight might be decomposing it instead of O2. It's not like it sits in the sun for 8 hours a day, but it can see exposure for an hour several days a week, depending on the weather. Anyone else have this issue? These are not flavored other than terpenes, FWIW.

JG420

JG420

I dont do co2 I use butane, but where are you doing it, outside? Close to a window in the daytime? I forget what its called but from old heads iv heard that leaving the oil to purge or even just sit in the sunlight it makes the chlorophyll which is normally a green color and causes them to turn a reddish color. Also could just be the strain, I'd do a small batch of another strain the same exact way your doing it now to make sure its sumthin your doing

JG420

JG420

Only read half ur post but reading the rest of it its def the shnlight

JG420

JG420

I'm screwing up here I thought u were making oil not getting carts delivered. It can still be the light but less likely now. I have had them turn a reddish color after smoking sum if it and that's bc the coil is burnt a lil leaking sum Brown color to the yellow making it appear red. Also be wary tho I started making my own bho to make my own shatter and cartridges bc I was fed up worrying what was in them. If your getting dank vapes Mario carts cookies tko etc etc unless u kno the person filling them u dont kno what in them could be pesticides or even synthetic thc etc or even worse who knows drug dealers dont care bout ur health when it comes to money and any cart ur prolly getting unless from a dispensary they are considered "black market carts" you will never find any of them inside a dispensary a quick easy way to tell is does it have bright colors? Cartoon characters? Then ull never find it in a dispensary ut needs to be like a prescription button meaning childproof opening no bright colors or cartoon characters strain batch # and % of thc and cbd etc etc the reason I say all this is bc I used to smoke black market carts too and I was told the colors should never change but as stated it does with a burnt coil and the chlorophyll thing I kno can happen while making shatter I dunno if it happens after iv already diluted it with wax liquidizer to make a carts. Sorry it's so long hopfully sumthing in here helps you.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I'm screwing up here I thought u were making oil not getting carts delivered. It can still be the light but less likely now. I have had them turn a reddish color after smoking sum if it and that's bc the coil is burnt a lil leaking sum Brown color to the yellow making it appear red. Also be wary tho I started making my own bho to make my own shatter and cartridges bc I was fed up worrying what was in them. If your getting dank vapes Mario carts cookies tko etc etc unless u kno the person filling them u dont kno what in them could be pesticides or even synthetic thc etc or even worse who knows drug dealers dont care bout ur health when it comes to money and any cart ur prolly getting unless from a dispensary they are considered "black market carts" you will never find any of them inside a dispensary a quick easy way to tell is does it have bright colors? Cartoon characters? Then ull never find it in a dispensary ut needs to be like a prescription button meaning childproof opening no bright colors or cartoon characters strain batch # and % of thc and cbd etc etc the reason I say all this is bc I used to smoke black market carts too and I was told the colors should never change but as stated it does with a burnt coil and the chlorophyll thing I kno can happen while making shatter I dunno if it happens after iv already diluted it with wax liquidizer to make a carts. Sorry it's so long hopfully sumthing in here helps you.
The red color is from oxidation, which the sun can accelerate. If they are well sealed and kept out of the sun, they shouldn't turn red and taste lousy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom