co2, start to finish

• Thread starter HannaMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HannaMan

Hey everybody

I was wondering if anyone is having issues with plants finishing while @ high levels of co2 (1500ppm).

I just heard my first instance of this but i'm assume its related to other issues.

Any input?

sedate

sedate

What do you mean "finishing"? Like 50/50 amber/white triches?

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
I have read reports that high levels of co2 inhibit ethylene production. (one of the organic compounds responsable for the ripining of fruits)
There are numerous studies to be found, simply reducing co2 levels the last 2 weeks will alow cannabis to mature at a normal rate (i've found that going from 1500 to 800 ppm works well) but im sure there are other methods to be found.

H

HannaMan

by finishing I mean "ripening" (harvest window)

Thanks for the great information FarmerJohn. So I am guessing that everytime anything is near finish, i should reduce the PPM's, which means during perpetual I will be sacrificing PPMs during some of those important weeks.

bummer.

S

SweetIslandFunk

It would probably be unwise to do this in a flowering room that holds plants that are in different stages of flower correct?

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
by finishing I mean "ripening" (harvest window)

Thanks for the great information FarmerJohn. So I am guessing that everytime anything is near finish, i should reduce the PPM's, which means during perpetual I will be sacrificing PPMs during some of those important weeks.

bummer.

After two or 3 harvests all the plants in a perpetual grow would never get co2 then. Only the first one or 2 groups that you put in. Then the co2 would be off for the last 2 weeks of the first plants put in and be off the rest of the time.

N

noone88

That's the problem with perpetual is that you can't do neat little tricks like dropping CO2 levels or going from 12/12 to 10/14 during the last few weeks.

I started off doing perpetuals. I find I have a lot more control and also less work doing one cycle in a flower room.

H

HannaMan

If you have a perpetual and you harvest once a every 28 days with a 56 day strain you're only losing Co2 durings weeks 3,4 and 7,8. You can still have co2 on @ 1500 ppm during 1,2 and 5,6.

Unless im just a big stoned dummy and doing my math wrong :icon_dizzy:

C

CanadianClassic

I heard Co2 can help you finish quicker anyone know if that holds any thruth??

Goodluck with the ladies!!!

S

SomeoneYouKnow

NO - I run a perpetual room, and they finish fine with 1800+.

Hope it Helps

SYK

B

Bobby Smith

I heard Co2 can help you finish quicker anyone know if that holds any thruth??

Goodluck with the ladies!!!

Using CO2 in a sealed room vs. having intake/exaust speeds up my flowering times by about a week, +/- a couple of days - it's just common sense - the plant grows faster, ergo, it matures faster.

This is obviously assuming your other variables are somewhat dialed in and you have sufficient lighting to make CO2 enrichment worthwhile.

MeJuana

MeJuana

I have heard all kins of stuff, soon from so much research my head is just clouded. THC degrades quicker under C02 is one, then this is another one. Now I am like ok I run a natural gas C02 generator and I don't care about C02, so easy to just leave it at 1200 PPM all the time, but am I screwing myself I wonder it too. I wish someone would do a real study with real equipment..

Top Bottom