CO2 Supplementation

• Thread starter thecatica
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

thecatica

I've been growing for some time now, but have yet to dab in CO2 supplementation. Everywhere I read I see how it can be beneficial. I've
only held back really due to the prices and lack of information on systems.
I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with aluminum CO2 canisters?
The size of the room is about 6x9, have about 10 plants going, under 2 600 w, one mh, one hps, and some clones going under a third 600w mh.
I'm inclined to purchase the CAP CO2 PPM monitor to hook up to the regulator, and purchase a 20lb aluminum tank. Does anyone have any idea as to how long, roughly, the tank would last before it needs a refill, while trying to keep the room around 1500 ppm.
Or is it more worth it to invest in a CO2 generator? would a propane tank last longer, or shorter?
Any info would be soooo appreciated as I just want to be able to make the best decision for my little sanctuary. :)

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
propane last longer, is cheaper, easier and more stealthy to get - but you have the heat issues

they make generators now that you can put a can fan on and remove most of the heat

unless your running a completely sealed room you only need to run co2 from around day 21 (flower) to day 42-53 (depending on how long your strain takes to finish)

1500 ppms is a bit overkill - 12-1300 is fine for that 3-4 week period is fine

T

thecatica

Thanks Motherload, so it doesnt pay to run CO2 in veg as much?
Im running some kany kush, og kush, and og #18 right now in a sealed room, with an intake fan and exhaust fan that comes on accordingly, they're still in first 2 weeks of flowering. So would there be a significant difference if I rush to get in some extra CO2 in there?
Is it recommended to stop CO2 supplementation during the last couple of weeks, during flushing?

OGONLY

OGONLY

I just harvested my first CO2 run last night. I knew it was going to be a heavy harvest but I was flippin absolutely flabergasted... The bud size, density and number of buds increased BIG TIME. No joke I think 50%. The quality was much better too. So many more tricomes and much less leaf.

I used a generator (Cap Gen 1) and CO2 monitor (CAP PPM3). Got them both used on Craigslist for $400. The generator is the way to go man. I used only 4 propane tanks for a 12x11 room for the whole flowering period. My room wasn't even perfectly sealed. Heat is increased but just turn up A/C. You will make up for increased power easily with your yield increase. CO2 tanks deplete very fast if your room isn't sealed very well.

I'm with Motherload on 1500 ppm being a little high. I went with 1300 ppm and started week 2 of flower to prevent too much stretch. Reduced PPM gradually during last 4 weeks of flower. None at all during flush.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
spot on man - glad to hear ya had stellar results!

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

Ya if you have the ac power to cool the room get a generator, the water cooled ones are awesome but then you need a chiller and rez too. You have a rather small room, if it is sealed up pretty well and your using a controller running it with a tank is not impractical. If you plan to expand, grow all year, have good room with good Ac then bite the bullet and buy a burner.

sonofdust

sonofdust

If you go with the Co2 cylinder forget the C.A.P. controller, buy a moniter and use a timer on your Co2 regulator. I have a CAP-4 and find it useless. IMO

R

Rubijon

I am in Veg now and am running Co2 at 1200 ppm. Is this a waste right now should I be running it only when I am flowering? I am in a sealed room too.

S

StrongPimpin

Tank set up is way better then lp.. Why add more heat/moisture with a flame.. And why the hell would you want a flame in your setup. Maybe on huge scale lp better but for your tent do tank setup. Prolly cost like 40c a day to run it once yoi get everything

Desertboy

Desertboy

If you can add co2 from a tank it's a much better option.

Burning LPG to get CO2 also gives heat+water as a by product. I know it's not so easy for some of you but if you can get tanked co2 it doesn't add moisture or heat to the grow room so how can it not be better (From a logistical POV).

I get bottled CO2 for £15 for this sized bottled (I think it's 10lb) lasts me about 4-5 weeks I use it constantly veg/flower as plants vegged under CO2 are consistently healthier and higher producers.

My plants tripled in size using co2 in the first 2 weeks of flower I would veg & flower with it if practical.

2.4kw of lighting.

IMAGE 016
R

Randyb

What about Hydrogen Pro??

Not trying to hijack the thread but has anyone tried out the Hydrogen Pro water cooled generator? I've only read complaints about the original one, not the newer (pro) which seems to be an improved version. I too want to try CO2 but I want to buy once and buy right. Thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom