Co2 system?

• Thread starter bloads
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bloads

bloads

From all the different Co2 threads that i've found, none that I could find clearly explained how to setup a system. They all mentioned bits and pieces, but I didn't see any complete how-to's. I've seen mentions of propane systems (which cause heat from burning the propane) and paintball gun cannisters (how do you hook this up?) and yeast/sugar combinations (general consensus seems that these do little, only really worth using if you have a very small space with no ventilation).

What exactly would I need to purchase and put together for a bare-bones system? I have access 24/7 to my grow area, so I can do manual stuff if needed.

C

crossouttheiis

Make sure your room is sealed first of all... otherwise you will be going through a shit ton of co2.

Here are the things you can get for a bare bone co2 set up.

co2 tank... probably like 150 bucks at amerigas or a scuba shop

co2 regulator: http://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/cap-reg1-co2-regulator-and-valve-p-1008.html

co2 controller: http://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/cap-ppm-co2-monitor-and-controller-p-3013.html

.... i usually run an air line to the back of a fan to blow the co2 around my room... not sure how big or small .... you need air movement to move the co2 though. That is a complete co2 set up that will manage itself. all you need to do is check when the tank is empty and refill. only at about 450 bucks for intial set up

bloads

bloads

thank you, this is exactly the type of info i was looking for.

S

Spuzzum

I've always wondered about using whip cream dispensers for small cab grows? They fill with the same co2 cartridges that the paint guns use (I think).

Could a regulator be attached to one of those?

S

Stoner Smurf

If you have a large grow a CO2 generator is the only economical option. It costs way too much to be filling up tanks when large rooms will deplete a large tank in a day or two. A large tank of CO2 is like 35 bucks for a refill. A tank of propane in CO2 generator will last at least 10 times longer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom