CO2 tubing design for effective gas distribution

• Thread starter Gladio
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gladio

Gladio

Hi all,

For the first time I will be using CO2 in my grow environment.

I have Ecothenics CO2 controller with a sensor connected to a cylinder tank.

I will be increasing CO2 levels gradually through out the grow operation and I have equipment to meet the requirements of increased CO2 levels such as light intensity, temperature, humidity etc.

However I am still considering the possibilities of how to deliver the gas through out the grow area.

I m considering using a plastic hose which I will implement as an elliptical shape since my grow area is rectangular in shape.

My grow area is 50 feet long and 16 feet wide. CO2 will be raining above the plants.

Is there any other alternative to plastic hoses? Also I wonder the optimum size of the holes I need to poke on the hose?

Should I poke the very first holes coming off the regular smaller compared to the holes at the very end to compensate the loss of CO2 and distribute it more effectively?

If I would skip using a hose and instead put a blower to the nozzle of the regulator, would that also work and distribute CO2 effectively?

Any idea given will be highly appreciated🙏

JohnnyApp

JohnnyApp

Honestly man, don’t overthink it, Was using a 20lb tank before the burner went in. No need for tubing, just a sealed room and adequate airflow.
With regards to how much co2 and when, Fluence has some great info to follow

63A476A9 E80E 4EBC 8360 92D1B46343C2
4CFE3403 DEDD 4B30 ABC9 F294F0BFE6C4
B6C9A69E DBF4 401A B12F D5A40E0D425F
5BE7EB50 CFDB 44B6 80E1 131D76D7FA4F
Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

I agree with Johnny, with adequate airflow, you dont have to worry that much....i have a single tube positioned in the center of the room a couple feet higher than the canopy...

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

You can set a mainline down the center of your girls and run drops every 3 feet with a t fitting and drop it around 30 inches above the canopy to a mister head. I did this in a 40 ft container grow with 8 x 4's running down the middle and it worked beautifully!

Top Bottom