co2

• Thread starter SmOkEtAsTiC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SmOkEtAsTiC

what's smoking everyone:smoke just was hearing that co2 in a growroom lowers the potency so if i was more concern with potency should i just grow without it or should it be some sort of co2 release pattern to keep potency high while still maintaing the yeilding benifits that comes from co2. :rock

P

ProGroWannabe

I cannot say from experience, but I CAN tell you that giving a plant a better atmosphere (more CO2 than ambient) can't possibly make it less potent. If anything, it would be more so.

Others that run it can give you better feedback, but I'd be really surprised if I'm proven wrong on this.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm with pgw here bro. CO2 will help in the situations that call for it as long as it's used in the correct concentrations. I just can't see where potency would be effected, it's certainly not in the CO2 assisted buds that come from my space. ;)

J

julsbagell

Premium Member
Supporter
Thats bs co2 benefits every aspect of herb yield,growth rate,resin its like steroids for plants. keep it at 1200/1500 ppms and youll see the difference. I have never seen a plant lose potency from co2 enrichment.

Kuntjoose

Kuntjoose

i believe that u r supposed to cut the co2 out around last 2 weeks of flower. i cant remeber where i picked up this info up from but i rember it gave a pretty sound reason.

J

julsbagell

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah its a waste to run it for 9 or 10 weeks Ive done it both ways with no diff I never turn it all the way off though because my room is sealed just cut it to 550 ppms.

The Kind Man

The Kind Man

I’m with ProGrowWannabe and hererisssh! Carbon Dioxide is an essential part of photosynthesis along with light and water. It is acceptable to run up to 2500 parts per million of CO2 in the grow room, but anything more than that is unnecessary. It is also acceptable/advised to run higher temperatures (~ 90 degrees Fahrenheit) with CO2 enrichment, as long as the humidity in the room can be controlled to around 35% - 50%. Be advised your plants are going to drink more water and/or nutrients, so have an EC meter on hand to monitor the salinity of the nutrient solution. Constant topping of the reservoir is going to be necessary to keep desired EC/ppm of nutrient solution. The more they drink the more nutrients they are receiving and with the proper amount of light and with the temperature/humidity dialed in with the proper amount of CO2 enrichment they are able to photosynthesize more, transpire better, and thrive with an end resulting in healthier plants and better yields. Remember, CO2 is a good thing! But too much can be harmful to your plants and YOU if exposed for prolonged amounts of time.
|The Kind Man|
|Scientia Ipsum Est Vox|

The Kind Man

The Kind Man

Here is a little trick I’ve learned. If you have a bug problem and have a sealed grow room with good ventilation and CO2 enrichment, here is a good way to get rid of those buggers. For one hour run your room at 10,000 ppm and then exhaust. At these really rich ppm levels bugs are not able to breathe and they suffocate. Another great use for CO2! Hope this helps. :nod
|The Kind Man|
|Scientia Ipsum Est Vox|

D

DocOtis

Fantastic tip, and so simple! So I agree, it can only make thing better. Not just better but more and faster. Keep it green...

DocO

Latest posts

Top Bottom