Coast Of Maine Supplemental Feeding Schedule With Stonington Blend Plant Food For Autoflower

• Thread starter Skram0
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
emeraldtrinity

emeraldtrinity

This is what we use;

Recharge

Fish Sh!T

Sticky Icky

It's all MBE's No NPK.

Is this what you're still using or have you tweaked the recipe at all. Also, do you have some photos of your results?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

We still use those but that's not all of it. LUSH soil by Roots Organic is the base. Amend it before planting with the Fish Sh!t, recharge and Earth Dust, water and let cook for 2 weeks. Amazing plants.

At the moment we do not have a grow. This year found us moving from Hawaii to Missouri and we were temporarily homeless (In a nice place now) and we simply have not had the time to re-build our setup. I was working on it but it seems we might be moving again shortly, so still we don't have one going.

Earth Dust was made by The Green Sunshine Company. They went out of business. I have not spent the time to find a replacement yet, but we will most likely go with Doctor Earth next time.

Have you seen our grow here on the forum?

sandune

sandune

I started growing indoors in a tent with the Stonington blend and did well with it. I mixed COM nutrients at about 60% and had decent yields but it took SO long to see the organics to change. And then we ran into a hard time getting it here and the price jumped $12! I have switched to COM Bar Harbor (2 f3 bags) soil and am using Jack's A & B fertilizer and Epsom salt. Also use Fish S#@t, NPK and occasionally molasses. I like it better because of the ease of mixing the fertz and ability to see changes quickly. Also, my expenses have really dropped.

sandune

sandune

I started growing indoors in a tent with the Stonington blend and did well with it. I mixed COM nutrients at about 60% and had decent yields but it took SO long to see the organics to change. And then we ran into a hard time getting it here and the price jumped $12! I have switched to COM Bar Harbor (2 f3 bags) soil and am using Jack's A & B fertilizer and Epsom salt. Also use Fish S#@t, NPK and occasionally molasses. I like it better because of the ease of mixing the fertz and ability to see changes quickly. Also, my expenses have really dropped.
I just called my favorite greenhouse and checked the current prices. For $100 I can get 3.75 f3 of Stonington or 8 f3 of Bar Harbor. I purchased the big bags of Jack's A & B (20 or 25 lbs. each) and 15 pounds of Epsom for less that $125. Got enough fertz for 15 years!

D

Dr.Dave

Well I did a scheduled input of bone meal at the recommended quantity. All four plants reacted badly and shitly to the addition. Some leaves didn't grow wide, a lot of brown tips, and a strange bright green streak in one leaf of a plant that eventually turned brown and dry. Nothing was the same since on all four. All I can think is the recommended dose was way too high.

Hindsight knowledge, don't add shit unless the plant tells me to.

Image: 5/23/21
IMO, that's bad advice. Dry organic ammendments are not plant available immediately...it takes 5-10 days for the microbes, prots and fungi to break down those ammendments into plant available nutes. You need to understand your plant's life cycle needs in advance so that lag won't do any damage.

D

Dr.Dave

I'm also using Stonington Platinum Grower's Mix with those same ammendments and the result has been a perfect grow so far. The difference being that I grow photos only in a 7 gallon cloth pot and use their instructions faithfully for pots sized between 5 and 10 gallons. They say a 7 gallon pot filled with Stonington has enough nutes in it to last for 47 days but I only veg for 30 days. On day 31, one day after the light flip, I top-dressed 1/4 cup of their plant food, 1/4 cup of castings and 1/4 cup bone meal. I'll add more bone meal twice more during flower and castings once more per their guide. But those additions will be one full cup. I have to say that this grow has been the easiest by far and she's looking great. Hoping for a 12 to 14 oz harvest.

20230123 112404
20230123 091304
sandune

sandune

I'm also using Stonington Platinum Grower's Mix with those same ammendments and the result has been a perfect grow so far. The difference being that I grow photos only in a 7 gallon cloth pot and use their instructions faithfully for pots sized between 5 and 10 gallons. They say a 7 gallon pot filled with Stonington has enough nutes in it to last for 47 days but I only veg for 30 days. On day 31, one day after the light flip, I top-dressed 1/4 cup of their plant food, 1/4 cup of castings and 1/4 cup bone meal. I'll add more bone meal twice more during flower and castings once more per their guide. But those additions will be one full cup. I have to say that this grow has been the easiest by far and she's looking great. Hoping for a 12 to 14 oz harvest.
Very nice. What beautiful and healthy looking plants you've got. What strains?

D

Dr.Dave

Very nice. What beautiful and healthy looking plants you've got. What strains?
TY, but the plant's doing all the work. That's the same LA Confidential in both pix, just different lighting. I only grow a single plant at a time. Next up will be Skywalker OG. I wanted to advise you that I saw a YouTube vid by CoM with Felicia Newman who engineered the Stonington Blend. She said that in smaller pots, like a 3 gallon...I think you said you're using a 3 gal now for your current grow...your plant will do better if you use their Liquid nutes. Their guide states that a 5 gallon pot will last 30 days, I don't think it's a linear progression, so a 3 gallon may
only last for 10 to 15 days! Your pot has a smaller surface area, so you'd have to be doing alot of ammendments ahead of time. I think the liquid becomes available to the plant immediately, so that should help to strip any of your worries away. I wrote to CoM a few times and Cameron Bonsey, who's their VP of Marketing personally replied and he handed me off to Felicia so she could answer a question I had about adding a wetting agent to the soil to help with more uniform watering coverage. I can share their contacts with you if you'd like and I wish you all the best with your grow.

sandune

sandune

TY, but the plant's doing all the work. That's the same LA Confidential in both pix, just different lighting. I only grow a single plant at a time. Next up will be Skywalker OG. I wanted to advise you that I saw a YouTube vid by CoM with Felicia Newman who engineered the Stonington Blend. She said that in smaller pots, like a 3 gallon...I think you said you're using a 3 gal now for your current grow...your plant will do better if you use their Liquid nutes. Their guide states that a 5 gallon pot will last 30 days, I don't think it's a linear progression, so a 3 gallon may
only last for 10 to 15 days! Your pot has a smaller surface area, so you'd have to be doing alot of ammendments ahead of time. I think the liquid becomes available to the plant immediately, so that should help to strip any of your worries away. I wrote to CoM a few times and Cameron Bonsey, who's their VP of Marketing personally replied and he handed me off to Felicia so she could answer a question I had about adding a wetting agent to the soil to help with more uniform watering coverage. I can share their contacts with you if you'd like and I wish you all the best with your grow.
Thanks, but I have switched over to COM Bar Harbor soil and Jack's fertilizers. The cost of Stonington got to expensive in my neck of the woods and Jack's is much easier and way less expensive. And I'm seeing a jump in plant production. I use 3 or 5 gallon for autos and 7 or 10 gallon for photos all indoors. Outdoors I go into the ground in approximately 35 gallon amended holes in my veggie garden. Last year I tried an auto Outdoors and did so well that I'm trying 2 landrace photos this spring. A Panama Red and a Mac. I'll be running a journal on those 2.

D

Dr.Dave

Thanks, but I have switched over to COM Bar Harbor soil and Jack's fertilizers. The cost of Stonington got to expensive in my neck of the woods and Jack's is much easier and way less expensive. And I'm seeing a jump in plant production. I use 3 or 5 gallon for autos and 7 or 10 gallon for photos all indoors. Outdoors I go into the ground in approximately 35 gallon amended holes in my veggie garden. Last year I tried an auto Outdoors and did so well that I'm trying 2 landrace photos this spring. A Panama Red and a Mac. I'll be running a journal on those 2.
I completely understand about the and
I understand and I wish you the best of luck with all of your grows, indoor and out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom