Coast Of Maine Supplemental Feeding Schedule With Stonington Blend Plant Food For Autoflower

• Thread starter Skram0
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Skram0

Skram0

So I just picked me up some CoM Stonington Blend for my autoflower grow. I also purchased a bag of their Stonington Blend Plant Food additional nutrient, a bag of Bone Meal and a bag of worm castings. I downloaded their feeding schedule "Canna-feeding-schedule-nutrient-chart-2020-8.5x11.pdf" but can't really map that into my autoflower grow time frame because they use time frames of 4-8 week veg periods. I assume their schedule is for photo period plants.

I'm using 3 gallon pots, so their info states I'll run out of provided nutrients in the soil in less than 30 days.

Has anyone done calculations on that schedule to remap to an autoflower?
My autoflower grows are usually about 90 days, and the seeds state veg period is about 4 weeks, so a little over 8 weeks flower time.

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
I find it interesting that your chart differs from the one I'm currently seeing on the back of the bag. 🤔
Chart

Skram0

Skram0

I find it interesting that your chart differs from the one I'm currently seeing on the back of the bag. 🤔
View attachment 1114363

Ya, interesting. That info states Stonington Plant Food is only for "Extended Vegetation Cycle". But of course autoflowers don't have an extended veg cycle, mine are shooting out white hairs already at 27 days. I've already purchased some of that stuff, but not sure how and even if I need to use it now with autoflowers. I've got the bone meal, worm castings and ston plant food. But your charts states I only need bone meal once after 30 days. Plus, is that 30 days from the start of the transplant from solo cup, or just when it's 30 days old. I guess + or - 14 days ain't gonna hurt. I did grow in Ston Mix while in the solo cup.

So far so good either way at the 27 day mark. The first time I've used the Ston Mix and my plants are the greenest they've ever been. I stopped trying to PH down my water. I run it through a dechlorinator on the hose outside and that's it. It's usually around 7.8 PH. Every single grow before this I've had some form of lockout/deficiancy while using FFOF, but most likely due to water/soil PH.

Day 25
PXL 020711101

Skram0

Skram0

Well I did a scheduled input of bone meal at the recommended quantity. All four plants reacted badly and shitly to the addition. Some leaves didn't grow wide, a lot of brown tips, and a strange bright green streak in one leaf of a plant that eventually turned brown and dry. Nothing was the same since on all four. All I can think is the recommended dose was way too high.

Hindsight knowledge, don't add shit unless the plant tells me to.

Image: 5/23/21

Px
Last edited:
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I do recommend adding Recharge to the soil up front. It helps complete the soil and it won't run out in 3 weeks.
You are pushing an auto thru in 90. It needs all the help it can get.
We're on our third grow with the same soil.

thekindway

thekindway

I do recommend adding Recharge to the soil up front. It helps complete the soil and it won't run out in 3 weeks.
You are the people I need to speak with about this. How much recharge to start? more than the usual 2.5ml feed rate? And are you just dry mixing or adding it with your initial watering? Are you in straight up stonington or a blend? Ty in advance!

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

You are the people I need to speak with about this. How much recharge to start? more than the usual 2.5ml feed rate? And are you just dry mixing or adding it with your initial watering? Are you in straight up stonington or a blend? Ty in advance!
Mix it dry into the soil before planting. Water the soil just like a plant was already in it for a a week before planting to give the stuff time to activate. Then after planting, you can add to the water every 2 weeks.

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Hey man, I'm in the middle of my very first grow and I'm using the CoM Stoneington soil as well. I've followed their recommended feed chart and even used their products so we'll see how it goes!

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I know that people feed soil all the time, but its a total waste of good soil.

@Schwer, be careful with those charts. They are the most you can feed your plant without killing it. I would cut it in half at least.

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
I know that people feed soil all the time, but its a total waste of good soil.

@Schwer, be careful with those charts. They are the most you can feed your plant without killing it. I would cut it in half at least.
Well sheet, I just did my last top dress today per their recommendations, lol. I did aim low on the fish bone meal and I only did one top dress of the Stoneington Plant Food instead of two... so there's that I guess. 🤷‍♂️

thekindway

thekindway

Hey man, I'm in the middle of my very first grow and I'm using the CoM Stoneington soil as well. I've followed their recommended feed chart and even used their products so we'll see how it goes!
Nice man. Yeah I’ve heard it’s strong, like most nutes I always start with like a quarter dose of whatever chart it may be. See how they react and adjust accordingly. Full blast can be a bit much for em. Although I’ve been hearing people say their having success using bio bizz at full strength with burn. But even stilling just best to start low

thekindway

thekindway

Good luck I’ll be watching your updates I’ll share mine as well. Cheers

Capital_Florica

Capital_Florica

Just to be clear @ComfortablyNumb, you add nothing to CoM Stone except Recharge? Throughout the whole grow, just Recharge?

I must be mistaken.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Just to be clear @ComfortablyNumb, you add nothing to CoM Stone except Recharge? Throughout the whole grow, just Recharge?

I must be mistaken.
This is what we use;

Recharge

Fish Sh!T

Sticky Icky

It's all MBE's No NPK.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

We do filter our water, but all that does is remove any contaminants that might be in the water. We don't drink it from the faucet, why should our plants?

Capital_Florica

Capital_Florica

This is what we use;

Recharge

Fish Sh!T

Sticky Icky

It's all MBE's No NPK.

Thank you friend!

Top Bottom