Coco Amendments Advice

• Thread starter Drivejunky95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Drivejunky95

I've been growing with coco/perlite for my plants and recently stumbled into partially organic growing in coco using amendments.

Came across VermiBlend, used at 10% in coco.

It has:
Mycorrhizae
Kelp
Worm Castings

Thought I might try feeding the cultivated microbes with tea (synthetic) from GH - FloraBlend.

Seeing stuff mentioned like rock dust, gypsum, epsom salt, bat guano, Great White, and lime as well.

Do you recommend / not recommend any of the amendments above, or other amendments not mentioned?

Much appreciated!

3 balls

3 balls

I think it's an interesting approach. I'm anxious to see the recommendations.

From my perspective the beauty of coco is that you start with a clean slate and full control of you nutrients, kind of like auto pilot- no guess work/ surprises. It seems like if you wanted to go down that path you could just go with soil and not have to spend half your life watering like I do.

D

Drivejunky95

I think it's an interesting approach. I'm anxious to see the recommendations.

From my perspective the beauty of coco is that you start with a clean slate and full control of you nutrients, kind of like auto pilot- no guess work/ surprises. It seems like if you wanted to go down that path you could just go with soil and not have to spend half your life watering like I do.

Yea! Really curious to see if it's possible to combine the benefits of both synthetic nutrients in the form of salts and organic nutrients in their naturally occurring forms.

Believe there's good evidence between taking multivitamins and eating fresh fruits and veggies, the latter being easier to process and provide healthier, potentially more bountiful results.

BmakGrowGod

BmakGrowGod

I've been growing with coco/perlite for my plants and recently stumbled into partially organic growing in coco using amendments.

Came across VermiBlend, used at 10% in coco.

It has:
Mycorrhizae
Kelp
Worm Castings

Thought I might try feeding the cultivated microbes with tea (synthetic) from GH - FloraBlend.

Seeing stuff mentioned like rock dust, gypsum, epsom salt, bat guano, Great White, and lime as well.

Do you recommend / not recommend any of the amendments above, or other amendments not mentioned?

Much appreciated!

I use coco with about 20% ewc and i use Dr. Earth dry amendments, specifically Pure Gold 444, Root Zone 242, Flower Girl 394, and Pure Bat Guano 731. I use root zone when first transplanting seedlings into the final pot. Bat guano i use for a lil needed vegative growth mid seedling stage (small dose abt. 1tbsp). Pure gold and Flower girl i use in different ratios depending on stage.

Veg: Pure gold 75%(1.5 tbsp per gal) and Flower girl 25%(0.5tbsp per gal).

Transition:50/50 (2 tbsp of both)

Flower: Pure gold 25%(0.5 tbsp)
Flower girl 75%(1.5 tbsp)

I get great results from this with the addition of some organic liquid supplements like Fulvex, Hpk, Ancient Amber, CalMag, Liquid kelp, Humic acids etc... The amendments do all the work these are just to increase yields, bring out flavors, and boost microbial population. Its basically Living organics in coco coir (or at least similar). Also use the amendments for compost teas they work great all the amendments have Mychorrizae in them along with alot more beneficial microbes. Good Luck with your grow!

Top Bottom