COCO BEDS W/ WIFI AND FRIENDS FROM AVALON

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Sup fellas, Its been a while since I posted a journal/ thread( since the new format erased the end of my last grow journal). So, I thought I would throw up some progress on my new grow style, coco beds. .

Heres what i got;

2x 3x6 beds, light by 4ks.

Im growing my WIFI 1, WIFI 2, and Larry OG, in the first bed. Mix is 70/30 pithy/chunky coco, then a coco mat on bottom underneath that is a 1 inch layer of 80/20 hydroton/coco. beds r only 8 inch deep i think. I thought that might have been to shallow, if so ill address that nxt run

bed 2, got alot of GOD and Essr One genetics; half the bed is EsserONe's WIFI( very FIRE leaning ) , fire alien,raskals OG, White S1, thaoe alien, and my white masters 1 and 2,

The PLant in the Air pot on top of the beds, is a special old skool cross, (mexican indicax hawaian) by buddy made from some bags seeds in the early 90s and just recently popped a few. he grew this bad boy out last round, on the edge of his garden and it was superrr dank. Frosty, stinky, and a great unique taste( like sweet almonds, smells carry on thru the taste very nice!)

The big plants on the side of the beds is the real Blue Dream( the high, is very stoney upfront great knockdown, then it fades away but insted of being tired and ready for a nap, ur up and wanna do fun shit! does that sound like the real BD cutt? If not its special none the less

Then I have GODs SUperSkunk in 2 5,5 gal air pots, those r then places in a 20 gal container to catch runnoff but the roots grew out the bottom into the runnoff, so i placed 2 6inch round air stones under each pot and man did they explode in growth!!! since the roots in the bottom container r exposed to light I was thinkin about jus filling the bottom container with chow mix, but then i aslo kinda want to see what will happen like this, im jus afraid of rot. any opions?

Ill do my best to update this, but it will prolly be a couple more weeks since today was day one of flip.

Confu...

to catch runnoff but the roots grew out the bottom into the runnoff, so i placed 2 6inch round air stones under each pot and man did they explode in growth!!! since the roots in the bottom container r exposed to light I was thinkin about jus filling the bottom container with chow mix, but then i aslo kinda want to see what will happen like this, im jus afraid of rot. any opions?

Ill do my best to update this, but it will prolly be a couple more weeks since today was day one of flip.

Confu...
Let it ride. That's what I'm doing.
All the benefits of topdrip reliability, dwc performance.
Done correctly it will crap on other systems. You are on the right track for sure.

Everything will work out awesome as long as you dtw. Recirculating this would lead to greater risk. Dtw like this will not rot.

Confuten1

Supporter
^^^awesome, coming from u Dank makes me feel better, I jus wish I had all the light blocked out like ur set up.

Btw forgot to metion I'm running A1 starter pack and h&G as my base nutes.

Confu...

^^^awesome, coming from u Dank makes me feel better, I jus wish I had all the light blocked out like ur set up.

Btw forgot to metion I'm running A1 starter pack and h&G as my base nutes.

Confu...
Hey just make some reflectix panels.
I'm making fresh ones today.
IMG_1761.JPG

Or you could do some lightproofing with panda.

Confuten1

Supporter
Good idea dank, funds is super tight right now, i giess i could wrap it with foil tape i already have. Thats prolly what ill do. Thnx.
Confu...

Confuten1

Supporter
Hey just make some reflectix panels.
I'm making fresh ones today.
View attachment 225122

Or you could do some lightproofing with panda.
I ended up wrapping the container with foil tape since i got a few rolls of it on hand. That superskunk in that coco/swc is blowing the fuck up, leaving everything in the dust! I checked the swc portion of it last night 6.2 ph and 500ppm. Im feeding 900ppm right now so, do u think i should add nutes directly to the swc portion or jus continue to top feed and let the swc catch the runnoff?

confu...

I ended up wrapping the container with foil tape since i got a few rolls of it on hand. That superskunk in that coco/swc is blowing the fuck up, leaving everything in the dust! I checked the swc portion of it last night 6.2 ph and 500ppm. Im feeding 900ppm right now so, do u think i should add nutes directly to the swc portion or jus continue to top feed and let the swc catch the runnoff?

confu...
Dude how is the superskunk? Roadkill at all? I been lamenting the lack of a good skunk since I last had it slightly over 10 years ago.
I would just continue to topfeed and let the swc catch the runoff. You will have more action going on total due to the dwc roots, so be sure your 20% runoff is judged by the runoff from the dwc part.

I was thinking that it would be like dudes with smart pots and tilted tables with the runoff, but why not let a couple gallons of the runoff kick it for a little bit so roots could feed on that too. And if those roots took a shit, who cares. Still have the topfeed kicking ass. And everything is dtw, which reduces rot risk.

Dude so fun when the dwc roots cause the plant to take off. Serious hydro performance, I love it. Should have listened to myself when I wanted to stick an airstone at the bottom of a hempy bucket. Probably would have rawked.

Your plant shots look beautiful.

Confuten1

Supporter
Dude how is the superskunk? Roadkill at all? I been lamenting the lack of a good skunk since I last had it slightly over 10 years ago.
I would just continue to topfeed and let the swc catch the runoff. You will have more action going on total due to the dwc roots, so be sure your 20% runoff is judged by the runoff from the dwc part.

I was thinking that it would be like dudes with smart pots and tilted tables with the runoff, but why not let a couple gallons of the runoff kick it for a little bit so roots could feed on that too. And if those roots took a shit, who cares. Still have the topfeed kicking ass. And everything is dtw, which reduces rot risk.

Dude so fun when the dwc roots cause the plant to take off. Serious hydro performance, I love it. Should have listened to myself when I wanted to stick an airstone at the bottom of a hempy bucket. Probably would have rawked.

Your plant shots look beautiful.
Yo, bout the SuperSkunk she is putting off nice stinky smells in veg when i defoliated her, she is the stimkiest in the room, but have never flowered her out. I cant wait! Plus i jus saw the pix schwoop put up of her in his supersoil thread, amazing, mabe he will chime in bout the smells. Funny thing bout the airsti es in hempys, that was my first grow style and i also wanted to put a bubbler in there but i was told there would b no benifit, i jus thought i was overthinkin it, but what i c now with these skunks in the airpots/swc, im impressed.

Confu...

Confuten1

Supporter
So i know that there is really nothing to show in day 7 of flower, jus a bunch of leaves but i cant help myself. I have never had plants this lush and vibrant B4!!! This is the first time running beds and A1 starter pack but not all plants r in the beds so my guess is that A1 nutes are killin it!! im using the whole starter pack with H&G aquaflakes as a base!! not a blemish on the leafas in sight, except for one of my Blue Dreams but I kno what thats about( she is in an air pot and the oscalitating fan hits her long and she is drying out much faster than everythin else including the other BD. she is slightly unhappy.
NEways, pixs below, enjoy

Confu...
WIFI a,B and tahoe og Bed
P1050505.JPG
P1050506.JPG
P1050510.JPG

Mexican indica from the early 90s
P1050501.JPG
P1050502.JPG

Super Skunk experiment wrapped the bucket in foil tape to keep lights out of the swc.
P1050508.JPG
P1050508.JPG

And last bed with a bunch of Avalons finest, fier alien, tahoe alien, wifi(esserone cut) raskal og,white S1, and my 2 whitemasters
P1050503.JPG
P1050511.JPG

Latest Cannabis Seeds

Sundae Cookies
Sold out

Sundae Cookies

Divine Genetics
Sundae Driver x GMO Cookies
Feminized
New
$200.00
Sunset Sherbet S1