Coco coir coins good or bad??

• Thread starter newbiegrowertas
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

newbiegrowertas

So I got some coco coir coins and a cheap 20 dollar germination tray on Amazon. I figured this would save me from killing my seedlings with damping off this time since coco coir drains better? Well I popped five seeds into five coco coir coins and four sprouted out of the ground two days ago. Today the fifth joined the others. I am just going to say they are all three days old. So now that they are out, when should I peel the fibers back and move to a bigger pot? Should I have done it as soon as they sprouted? Thanks for any advice. Trying to not kill my second round of seedlings and get some weed this year. I will be growing outdoors in a 5 gallon air bag or 5 gallon air pruning pot( i have 5 of each). Will place some in both to see which grow better. Picture included of my babies and some other seeds I'm growing for my garden. The one in the tray with the veggies is a super silver haze a free seed, so is the one in the brown pot. The two in the same gray pot are white widowxgorilla glue #4 and are the result of me thinking the first seed hadn't sprouted so I went digging didn't find it and placed another lmao, they are older and are reaching the lights. The five in coco coir coins are five white widowxpurple lemonade. I am wondering when I should move to something bigger and when i should start hardening them off for the outside. I have 1 gallon pots and a place outside with a mesh tarp that let's in partial sun. Help a newbie out!!!!

Coco coir coins good or bad
Coco coir coins good or bad 2
Coco coir coins good or bad 3
Coco coir coins good or bad 4
Coco coir coins good or bad 5
Coco coir coins good or bad 6
Coco coir coins good or bad 7
N

newbiegrowertas

The plants almost reaching the lights had one of the seedlings leaves turning brown( light burn?) and crisping off so I moved them outside. Took the brown pot one outside as well and moved the one in my veggie tray to an airpot 1 liter outside. So now I only have the five WWxPL in my germination chamber. Should I leave them there while the roots fill up the coco coir coin or should I move them into a pot immediately?

Top Bottom