Coco coir watering home and factory

• Thread starter ceperacepera
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ceperacepera

ceperacepera

Hello every one .

Small Introduction first due 1 post :)
I am very glad that's i am here with you guys. English is not my native thats why will be a pleasure if you note where i said wrong and correct me :) I am from Post-Soviet states :)

Classic questions i have but let's try to watch on them from another side. Usually we know watering for coco coir must be like 10-20% of drainages. Some time we have SOG and for automated watering need powerful pump and much more.

I was watching for example for FloraFlex instagramm and found there they mostly using micro Drip system it is good idea when you have many plants. Also i saw there they checking moisture of coco and trying to keep 80% not like in book 95-100 moisture . and i not think so that the checking drainage ..... maybe some one know about this how they doing that and why so ... because google doesn’t help with it.

What i found out that the giving for each plant once a hour about 100 ml :) but how the calculating that .... help some one because in books if different way from what doing the factories

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

Hello every one .

I am very glad that's i am here with you guys. English is not my native thats why will be a pleasure if you note where i said wrong and correct me :) I am from Post-Soviet states :)

Classic questions i have but let's try to watch on them from another side. Usually we know watering for coco coir must be like 10-20% of drainages. Some time we have SOG and for automated watering need powerful pump and much more.

I was watching for example for FloraFlex instagramm and found there they mostly using micro Drip system it is good idea when you have many plants. Also i saw there they checking moisture of coco and trying to keep 80% not like in book 95-100 moisture . and i not think so that the checking drainage ..... maybe some one know about this how they doing that and why so ... because google doesn’t help with it.

What i found out that the giving for each plant once a hour about 100 ml :) but how the calculating that .... help some one because in books if different way from what doing the factories
Welcome to the farm. Yes you want to keep coco 80-100% saturated. Drip systems do work well, and can be set up for as many plants as you want. Depends on how big of an area you have to grow in.

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

Hello every one .

I think you are asking how much water to give each time? Depends on pot size, and how high the EC is in your runoff. If the runoff EC is 0-300 points higher than input, you are in the right area. If it goes higher, you need to increase your watering frequency and/or amount to bring that back down. (Better to 'overwater' than to drastically lower EC.)

I am using 3.5 gallon air pots feeding 5x per day at 30 seconds each. If I don't get any runoff I add another watering per day. If I get runoff, but the EC is too high, I add another 5 seconds to each watering until the EC drops in the runoff. (A day or two.) I'm using a homemade system described in cocoforcannabis.com. I haven't got a good measurement, but I think I am putting in just about 4 liters per day per plant, using 6 inch halo drippers. All of the parts I use were purchased using the links in that web site, which made it very convenient for me. (I shop Amazon a lot.) I am only growing 4 plants in a 4x4 tent.

Top Bottom