Coco Greenhouse 30gallon Pots?

• Thread starter HydroGuy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HydroGuy

HydroGuy

Im trying a coco mixed with perlite greenhouse this year both of which are new styles to me. Right now im leaning towards 30 gallon pots. Is 30 gallon too big, too small or just right? These will not be full season, it is a light dep greenhouse.
Coco greenhouse 30gallon pots

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

If your flipping them immediately then 30 is way to big. I always use 5 Gallons with a few weeks veg.

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

If your flipping them immediately then 30 is way to big. I always use 5 Gallons with a few weeks veg.
not flipping for a couple weeks. I planned to transplant to 5 gallons tonight then start hardening in greenhouse during day for 2 weeks then transplant to possibly 30s. Just never done coco or greenhouse wondering if 30s are good enough for coco

Juicebox

Juicebox

not flipping for a couple weeks. I planned to transplant to 5 gallons tonight then start hardening in greenhouse during day for 2 weeks then transplant to possibly 30s. Just never done coco or greenhouse wondering if 30s are good enough for coco
Might be interesting but man your gonna need a hell of a lot of water to get the runoff needed to push out the old salts

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

Might be interesting but man your gonna need a hell of a lot of water to get the runoff needed to push out the old salts
Yeah those are my thoughts as well we just really wanna see how a big pot coco greenhouse plays out. Planning on running mostly veg+bloom. Im an undercurrent guys so we wanted to stick to somewhat of a hydro style greenhouse. It shall be a challenging interesting summer but who knows might play out well.

SNAX

SNAX

Ive used 30s with coco in the indoor environment quite a bit and the roots wouldn't fill out the pot unless we vegged for about 8 weeks. We would go from cube to 4 weeks in 3 gallon to 4 weeks in 30 gallon. Our plants would produce up to 2.25 lbs per plant.....BUT later on we moved down to 20 gallon pots and was able to get the same yield with using less medium, cheaper pots, and not to mention lighter pots to reduce labor when we had to move them around. We were using Smart Pots or Geopots in this situation.

HydroGuy

HydroGuy

Ive used 30s with coco in the indoor environment quite a bit and the roots wouldn't fill out the pot unless we vegged for about 8 weeks. We would go from cube to 4 weeks in 3 gallon to 4 weeks in 30 gallon. Our plants would produce up to 2.25 lbs per plant.....BUT later on we moved down to 20 gallon pots and was able to get the same yield with using less medium, cheaper pots, and not to mention lighter pots to reduce labor when we had to move them around. We were using Smart Pots or Geopots in this situation.
Thank you good insight there! I wanted to hear from someone that had tried a bigger coco pot size. Yeah its hard for us to figure good pot size here. if we were doing a tradition soil greenhouse sure we would be rockin 100 gallon pots but i know coco is a little different. Might just put some of them in 20s, 30, and maybe a couple 40s haha for shits and giggles. Coco and greenhouses is new to us so we are just guessing haha.

SNAX

SNAX

Thank you good insight there! I wanted to hear from someone that had tried a bigger coco pot size. Yeah its hard for us to figure good pot size here. if we were doing a tradition soil greenhouse sure we would be rockin 100 gallon pots but i know coco is a little different. Might just put some of them in 20s, 30, and maybe a couple 40s haha for shits and giggles. Coco and greenhouses is new to us so we are just guessing haha.

I did also forget to mention that when our plants were in 3 gallon pots they were under T5s for the first 4 weeks, then they went under 1000W HPS for the last 4 weeks of veg. Something to consider with the progression of the example I used. Our medium was Botanicare Readygro Aeration mix. Im also doing my first greenhouse this year but have lots of indoor experience. Coco allows you to do bigger plants with less medium in comparison to soil. It dries out quicker so remember that, which can be a good thing though because it allows watering/feeding more often which can prove to be beneficial.

DetGrnThumb

DetGrnThumb

These our are Elite EGP units. We use them in all our facilities. 50L (13 gallon). All connect to common drain and make everything super simple in the greenhouse

Screenshot 20170830 222915
Screenshot 20170830 223008
Top Bottom